Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long hair "sightings"

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long hair "sightings"
    Posted: November 15 2005 at 7:43pm
Hi everyone!

Today I digressed from my usual lunchtime routine (of visiting the cafeteria, or a select few fast food places) and went to the local mall.  I was amazed by how many women I saw with really long hair (at least waist-length).  In the course of 30 minutes I witnessed at least 7 women with hair that was between waist-length and "classic" length.  And all of the heads of hair were lovingly well cared for.  Just beautiful!

Has anyone else noticed similar or the same in your area?  Just curious...

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 8:14pm

Hi Dave.  There does not seem to be too many really long-haired women around where I live.  However, there was one sighting I had recently which I put in another thread here (which got a bit off topic), so here it is again:

I saw an Indian lady walking along the side of the road the other day (maybe 2 weeks ago). She was wearing a lovely red sari and was pushing a pram with a baby in it and 2 other small children walking with her too.  She had her hair in a loooooong braid that hung down to her calves. It was like a shiny jet black rope that swayed and flowed with her sari as she walked.  I was driving my car at the time, so couldn't stop....I almost had an accident!!!!   hehe    Now THAT was indeed a fine sighting

Hey Dave, any of those ppl you sighted have hair as long as yours?

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 15 2005 at 8:46pm
Miss Rini!  Thank you for re-telling your recent sighting.  Way cool!   Keep a steady hand on the wheel there, I know it's tough at times like those. 

None of the women I spotted had hair nearly as long as mine, but who knows where any of them might grow in the next few years.....
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 10:41am
I regularly see a few people with bsl-waist length hair but the only people I've seen with longer hair are my asian friends who mostly have classic+ hair. 

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 11:40am
Yeah, I've been seeing alot more people with long hair lately.The last one I saw was a woman at the bank with salt and pepper knee length hair.she had natural ends so it had that fairy tale look to it.Which I prefer myself over blunt ends.It was also very well cared for.
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 1:23pm
Well, long hair has supposedly been the recent fashion so maybe more people have started growing their hair? This obviously doesn't explain the superlong ones but in a few years

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 4:54pm
If long hair was in fashion why do they still cut people's long hair short on makeover shows? Those shows are supposed to have the latest fashion trends.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 4:56pm

I saw a knee-length braid at Cinnabon. Well, it was attached to a person of course.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
blueorca84 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blueorca84 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 5:19pm

this summer i was a counselor-in-training at a day camp, and there was this little girl in second grade with the most beautiful hair i've ever seen... it was silvery-blonde and went all the way to her waist and it was perfectly straight... i've never been so jealous of a seven year old.. o_O

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

I saw a knee-length braid at Cinnabon. Well, it was attached to a person of course.

Of course. 

Originally posted by Jared Jared wrote:

If long hair was in fashion why do they still cut people's long hair short on makeover shows? Those shows are supposed to have the latest fashion trends.

Good question!  Because those makeover shows are not about promoting fashion, or beauty!  They are merely demo's for the salon industry.

"wow, gee look, after all these decades, we can still cut and color hair.  lookey at us!"

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz.... bo-ring!
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 5:57pm
Gee Dave...your not a big fan of the salon industry I take it? hehe Me neither!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Sasumi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sasumi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 16 2005 at 6:11pm
The last long-haired person I remember seeing was this college-student I saw walking on the streets. She had lovely, loose wavy hair down to her knees...

Eh, I really haven't seen a lot of extremely long haired people in my town, though. Most girls just have BSL in my school. But, my grandmother has mid-thigh length hair. 
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 8:08am
I seem to see more long hair than I did 2 years ago (when I started paying attention).  At that time, my college town was full of bobs to shoulder length, and not much longer.  Now I see hair that is bsl more frequently, and sometimes waist length.  I see more waist length if I go to walmart, though it often looks dull, and is not usually as well cared for as the hair on campus.  (Not a surprise, considering the trouble I've had trying to keep my hair shiny with this hard water....  Vinegar, vinegar, vinegar...).
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
laststar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote laststar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 8:59am
It is a nice sight to see although still pretty rare. I
did see a lady with nice straight blonde hair past her
waist in great condition the other day. I think when
you have long hair yourself you notice it on other
people more.
1b-M-ii type, 29.5 inches long as of 07/11/06, goal for now waist
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 17 2005 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Gee Dave...your not a big fan of the salon industry I take it? hehe Me neither!

Heh, nope, and why should I be?  If I were to walk into a salon and ask for a deep conditioning, would they know what to do?  Would they even know what I was talking about?  Would they be able to wash and detangle my hair without ripping it to shreds in the process?  No!  And what is wrong with the industry when it doesn't support valid and legitimate hair choices?  It defines itself too narrowly.

Okay, I'm sure you've heard enough ranting from me.

Very cool sightings, Longhairdreams, Anais, Sasumi, and TLSF!

Susan, the "sightings" in your town sound as though they are headed in a very positive direction.  If only those with a dull finish knew the value of diluted vinegar rinses...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic