Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Newbie pic

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Newbie pic
    Posted: December 03 2005 at 10:44pm

I finally took a photo and measured my hair - I hope I can figure out how to send this photo correctly! My hair is 17 3/4 inches long. I am happy that it is below shoulder length now, but wish it was longer and shinier! Baby steps I guess - I'm just learning how to take care of it. I have eliminated all drying and heat styling(!) and I'm doing all the vitamin, excercise and healthy eating tips, plus wearing it in braids most days.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 12:57am

Wow! Your hair looks gorgeous  You have a lot of shine! Did you take that photo with a cell phone? Thanks for sharing and it's awesome to hear about your awesome progress.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 2:58am

Well done Kitty!

Thanks for letting us see your hair. Did you just have it in braids or is that natural wave? Is it all one length? It actually looks a little longer than 17 and 3/4 inches. It looks about the same length as mine (which is/was 19 and 3/4). I have a fair bit of curl though, so when I stretch it out it measures longer than it looks.

Good idea to eliminate all the heat from your hair routine. You will have long shiny hair before you know it! Hang in there

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 3:37am
Yeah, well done SK! I bet your hair will look really lovely and long soon-it's already longish so you won't have long to wait!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2005 at 10:58am

Thank you for the encouragement! My hair is all one length except for some bangs. I have natural wave, but my hair was in braids all day and I had just taken them out and combed it through. Without braids, the wave would go all the way to the top of my hair. I took the picture with a cell phone - the pic is actually of the bathroom mirror which was reflecting my hair....no one was home so I did it this way, which is why the pic is a little fuzzy. Cats and dogs aren't good photographers I guess. I appreciate the kind words and will keep you posted on my progress.

juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2005 at 10:26pm
Your hair looks very nice, SpecialKitty! Good luck on your hair journey!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 7:56pm
You're off to a great start, SpecialKitty!  I'm sure your hair will continue to look better and better as the weeks and months progress.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2005 at 10:32pm
Thanks Dave! I think my hair is similar to yours in some ways, so you are definitely an inspiration!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 15 2005 at 6:18pm
Originally posted by SpecialKitty SpecialKitty wrote:

I think my hair is similar to yours in some ways, so you are definitely an inspiration!

My hair is naturally straight ("1b"), but the waves in the pic are from braiding when wet.

Your hair is about the length mine was 12 years ago, only I had more layers.  It was to my waist 3 1/2 to 4 years later...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic