Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

straightening iron help

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
music4life View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote music4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: straightening iron help
    Posted: December 09 2005 at 11:42am
I have really curly hair and I want to straighten it with a straightening iron. The problem is that I have no patience. my straightening iron works really great...that's not the problem, I just don't have the patience to straighten my entire head of hair. Can anybody give me some tricks or tips that would help me be able to straighten my hair really quickly with little patience needed.
Would you light my candle?
gossipqueen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gossipqueen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 09 2005 at 1:02pm

I know what you mean, my hair is super curly when wet and I have to go through the process of straightening too. But really I don’t think there is a faster way to do it, it takes as long as it takes. You shouldn’t really flat iron your hair when it’s wet. What I do is use my blow dryer for a bit first and then just iron my hair in small sections, that way you don’t have to go over it and over it, I found that when you do smaller sections you can go over it once and its done. You could always get a little help with it from a friend when you really don’t feel like doing it yourself. Or maybe try wearing your hair up on days when you don’t feel like doing it. Try to hang in there though.

Layla View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Layla Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 11 2005 at 9:39am
If you put your damp hair in a bun the roots will be mostly straight and when it's dry you just have to do the length.
Type: 3c/4a Natural
Current Length: 6"
Goal: Healthy, tip of nose /neck/shoulder length hair.
BC: 02/08/06
NeedsHairHelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedsHairHelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 01 2006 at 12:06pm
Do you blow dry your hair straight? If you don't, it would be easier if you blew your hair straight using the dryer & a large round brush. Then you can touch up with the iron to help smooth the hair.
Jen
angelam_75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelam_75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 8:53am
 At night after I shower, I slick my hair back in to a pony tail or bun(with a scrunchy, no rubber pony tail holders) and sleep with it that way. When I get up the roots are all dry and straight, all you have to do are the ends.  the roots are usually the hardest to do anyway IMO.
Angela
NeedsHairHelp View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NeedsHairHelp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 9:03am
I used to do something similar to that, but after a while with my hair in a bun, it got very weak from being wet & pulled tight. It did cut down on the time though.
Jen
angelam_75 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote angelam_75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 9:05am
 yes, I agree, it's not something you should do everyday, and when I do, I try not to pull it really tight. 
Angela
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic