Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

New Year’s hair resolutions 2006

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
Author
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 8:21am
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too, missrini.  We hope all goes well with your surgery.

Resolutions ... I don't think we really have any regarding hair.  I do think that we'll try to get through the year without a trim though.  We'll have to wait and see how it goes.

Edited by tdouty

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 11:31am
Good Luck Rini! I hope everything goes well

I think my hair new years reslotutions will consist of two main things:

1. Take better care of my hair
2. Don't cut/trim it AT ALL
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 13 2005 at 5:45pm
How bout, no heat whatsoever, and only comb it in the morning for like 30 seconds or less with a wide tooth comb. And no products on the scalp at all(hair needs to breathe). Your hair is sure to grow faster that way.
uzma View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote uzma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 9:13am
Hmmm....

Hairy ones are:

- I will use lukewarm water (not hot) to wash my hair
 - I will go back to virgin, un-hennaed hair
 - I will make a silk pillowcase
 - I will protect my hair from the wind (I love it blowing around)

Non-hairy ones are:

- Cultivate forgiveness
- Failing the above, execute revenge with calculated precision

Heh heh heh....."Evil" Uzi (not really, I'm just being silly coz I'm doing the company accounts and it is so boring)

Happy Christmas Everyone!
Uzi

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 11:26am
Good luck Missrini!  We'll miss you!

I guess my resolution would be to try harder to leave my top layer alone and only dust my ends.  That's difficult because a lot of the hairs on the top grow very thick (coarse), dark and kinky and feel very damaged to the touch, (I think it must just be genes, my niece has the same, but I always want to cut them) so resisting this urge will be hard.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 12:21pm

Hope your surgery goes well missrini.

My hair resolution:

1.To not put any dye on my hair this year(hopefully forever). That includes permanent,demi,or even semi.

Claude View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Claude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 12:54pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Hmm.....well I have one main resolution:

NEVER visit another hairdressing salon in my life.  That entails doing my own trims and colours (henna of course!).

Why won't you goto another hairstylist? Did you receive a bad service? As a professional stylist I hate it when people condemn the whole beauty industry because they were the victim of a bad service. There's good and bad in every profession. Avoid the catty, bitchy stylists who dress to the hilt and pile on the makeup with a paint roller they're usually The s00k.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 14 2005 at 12:54pm

Good luck Rini!

Mine are:

1. No semi dye

2. No straightening

3. No blowdrying

4. Try to embrace my natural without ending up wet-combing them out

5. Regular trims

6. Get to elbow-length

7. Grow the bangs from hell back to my collarbone or more

8. Cut EVERY split end I see off.

Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 16 2005 at 8:21pm

Originally posted by Susan W Susan W wrote:

Good luck Missrini!  We'll miss you!

I guess my resolution would be to try harder to leave my top layer alone and only dust my ends.  That's difficult because a lot of the hairs on the top grow very thick (coarse), dark and kinky and feel very damaged to the touch, (I think it must just be genes, my niece has the same, but I always want to cut them) so resisting this urge will be hard.

I have the same problem, Susan.  A lot of my bottom layer is like that and I'm constantly cutting those strands off, which is useless since they just grow back the same way.  We can try and resist the urge to cut them together... damn those genetics!

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 10:39am
Agreed! 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 17 2005 at 11:47am
I have that too! They're always jet black and wirey like bubble hairs. I'm trying hard not to yank them out.
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 8:38am

If you have a lot of them, you never seem to be finished yanking them out and there always seem to be more.  Best just to leave them alone or it will start to show like mine did.  They are visible in my last photo on my hair journey page as a dark halo of curly hairs sticking up around my head about 6 inches down from the top.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2005 at 5:40pm

I get weird wiry hairs at my crown. They're jet-black, kinky, and really bizarre. They all come in a 2-inch patch of trich damage. I get the urge to pull them out too, but I'm not going down that road again.

Anais 

my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 7:29am
So pulling them out actually made them grow in worse?  I was told by a cosmetologist to pull them out because something was missing from the hair and it would have a chance to grow in right.  They certainly never grew in right, and frankly I was wondering if I had more now than what I started with.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2005 at 3:00pm

I think it causes some sort of trauma to the follicle, to pull consistently. At least that was my experience.

Hugs
Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2005 at 7:05am
Dang!   Thanks Anais, I certainly won't touch 'em now.

Sugarloaf View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugarloaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 7:12am

My resolutions:

keep reading this hair board...full of info and great gossip

look after myself and my hair inside and out

keep away from hair dye

treat myself to lovely shampoos and conditioners

never go out in the sun again without uv protection

let last year's suntan fade and see my natural colour again

give up chocolate (again) after Christmas

decorate at least one room

MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 9:45pm
My 2006 resolutions:

*To learn how to S/D correctly.
  *Learn new hair styles
  *Take my vitamins daily
  *Go from waist length to classic (or longer)
  *Visit my Hair Guru more often. (Hi Dave!)
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 3:10pm

My new years resolution is to:

Do more S&D.

Brush my hair with only a wide tooth comb occasionally.

Drink more water & eat more fruit and vegatables and start taking my supplements again.

Condition my ends more often.

Do more Oil treatments

Wear my hair in a plait more often to avoid tangleing.

Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
denali_ice View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote denali_ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 28 2005 at 10:18pm
I think my biggest hair related ones are to go another year without chopping  *smiles*  

And to learn how to do something other than a bun and a ponytail!
On a hot summer night, would you offeryour throat to the wolf with the red roses?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 5>
  Share Topic