Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Ibis clips

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ibis clips
    Posted: December 25 2005 at 4:53pm
Hi everyone! Hope you all had a good Christmas (or Solstice Anais)

Ok. I got some Ibis clips and barette and stuff for xmas (ibis clips/concorde clips/beak clips same thing different name) can you give me some ideas for styles please

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 25 2005 at 10:58pm

Awww thanks Ladyfrog  Hope you're having a good holiday.

Depending on the strength of the spring, you'd probably be able to do a bun OR a half-up, at the very least. Your hair is very thick and gorgeous.. I suspect it's also very carnivorous with hairtoys.

I'd try a half-up first. Open the clip slightly (less than 1/4 inch) and slide the clip in like a hairstick.

Hairtoys, like anything else, take experimentation.

Have fun

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2005 at 12:51pm
Yes-it does tend to devour things, especially combs (ooh, how many have I broken now...) Thanks for telling me how to use them, I was trying to use it like a normal slide

The springs are quite strong I believe.

Thanks for the hair comp!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2005 at 12:39pm

You can pinch the edge of a french twist (like I do on my site), or you can clamp it on the front half of your hair (pulled back), then wrap all of your hair thats hanging around it to make a big bun with the clamp in the middle.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 11:09am
oooh that sounds clever! I also discovered that I can just tie my hair in a knot and pin it to my head with a clip. Ahhh, hair toys, such joy!

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 29 2005 at 3:27pm
Yeah, I love wearing my hair the bun way (not my idea though, I found it somewhere on the web...I looked for where to show you the pictures, but couldn't find it...anyways, the knot sounds nice too!) 
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic