Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Hall of.......SHAME

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hall of.......SHAME
    Posted: December 30 2005 at 2:57pm

Yah, I'm a product whore

http://www.wopstick.co.uk/hellfrozeover/images/hairshame.JPG

I don't even use half of this stuff and the electrical equipment is never used anymore but every single one of these has been used on my hair at least once....and I have double-ups in the bathroom!

Post your own hairshame purely for research purposes and..oh yeah to make me feel better! I've learned from my ways and only shampoo once every two days and clarify once every two weeks and use mayonaise every month so it's not that evil!

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 30 2005 at 9:40pm

TWO hairdryers???? OMG you WERE evil!

I actually took all of my products out of my cupboard a few months ago and gave them all away.  I REALLY should have taken a pic though!  The box was just jammed with stuff.

Now, all I have is natural shampoo, light conditioner (Alchemy), some pure aloe vera gel, some jojoba oil and a wide toothed afro comb.  That's it....really!  (besides my herbs: henna, cassia, amla, indian herbal washing blend...but they don't count do they?  )

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
juri View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 2:29am
Wow, that's quite a collection!

As for myself, I used to use hair ties with metal bands, repeatedly left permanent dyes on longer than recommended by the manufacturer, detangled with a brush, and would sometimes make split ends longer by pulling them apart and then yank out the strand. Since making the conscious decision to grow out my hair, I've started taking better care of it, but I think my biggest Hall of Shame moment was when I bleached it. Although it was a stupid thing to do, I really needed to get that out of my system. At least I won't ever do that again. (I don't even want to know how long it would take to grow out waist length hair that's been bleached.)

14.5/29.25/39
1b NC ii/iii
LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 5:53am
I don't have any picture but here's what's in my hair product cupboard

Used
  • baby shampoo
  • conditioner (somerfield own brand)
Not used
  • this other shampoo
  • a spare bottle of conditioner
  • leave in conditioner
  • a hairdryer(I think I used it about 5 times!)
That's not that much is it! I have a few hairtoys though...

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 11:48am
Last year I used a flat iron straightener almost every day!!!! And I was wondering why my hair was falling out in handfuls....
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 5:12pm

I think my biggest hair shame was dying it 14 times in 14 months, each time with permanent dye.  And bleaching it three times in two days during that 14-month period.  But in my defense, I only bleached it because the deep burgundy wouldn't come out (which doesn't surprise me now, considering it was dyed that color about 8 times) and I desperately wanted my natural color back! 

"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2005 at 8:24pm

HFO, that's not so bad!  I am not a product junkie but I do stock up on favorites. In the closet are 5 bottles of Pure-A-Teas that I bought before it was discontinued  (Best purchase ever). And then there's the two bottles of Suave Naturals that I love and use regularly, two Suave Professionals heavy conditioners and a L'Oreal Vive conditioner that I save for special occasions, and several kinds of butters and oils used for skin.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic