Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Robert / PurpleBubba’s Updates

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
PurpleBubba View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Robert / PurpleBubba’s Updates
    Posted: January 08 2006 at 4:41pm
I was posting this on another site so I'm making the rounds with it ;)

I don't have many updates.

I recently reached Tailbone length which should be about 36" but I
haven't measured.

I have not done a trim since September 17th

I'm trimming quarterly now, using MorroccoMethod.com's lunar dates
Spring Equinox _ Mar _ 14-15
Summer Solstice _ Jun _ 21-22
Fall Equinox _ Sep _ 25-26
Winter Solstice _ Dec _ 21-23

I'm still using Jojoba oil once in a while.

I'm currently taking these daily
1000 mcg Biotin
1000 mg MSM

I still use a satin pillowcase.

Not much else to report.
Hope everyone else is doing well.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 5:19pm

Congratulations, Purple Bubba on tailbone length!!! I am inspired by your pics, progress, and updates. I just ordered a satin sleeping cap which I hope will make a difference for my fine hair. Your hair is beautiful (or should I say handsome?). Thanks for the update.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 8:48pm

I agree! Your hair is an inspiration to all of us.  I really enjoy seeing your virtual smiles and hugs all over the web. (and your awesome website)

Take care

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 08 2006 at 10:21pm
PurpleBubba can 'cause he mixes it with love
and makes the world taste good

PurpleBubba can cuz PurpleBubba thinks it should.

Thanks for the compliments. :)
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 10:32am
Spring time, the only pretty ring time...birds sing, hey ding, a-ding a-
ding, Sweet lovers love the spring! Nice hair progress PurpleBubba...
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 11:15am
Congrats! Your hair is sooo shiney!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 09 2006 at 4:07pm
We are the music makers (hair growers) and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Thanks again. :)
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 12:20am

Yay PurpleBubba!! Thanks for updating us on your hair progress. How about a new pic of your hair at tailbone??

I see you've upped your MSM...how is that going for you? I am now taking 1200mcg of Biotin daily now as well as some Springtime Horsetail (silica) just for fun.  I've only been taking it for a few days, but it will be fun to measure next month and see if there is any increase in growth (ie...from the usual growth).

I haven't got a satin pillowcase yet...but I really should. Do they make them in u-shapes?

Thanks again...your hair always looks AWESOME!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 6:00am
Hi Rini,

I'd like to get some new pics and the only thing stopping me is waiting until I wash which I hope I get off my butt and do soon.

I upped the MSM because I was buying Sundown brand from CVS and when I went to get more suddenly CVS wasn't carrying any Sundown stuff. At least not the locations near me. After going to a few locations I decided to go with the CVS brand which I didn't notice was 1000 mg instead of 500 mg until a day or so later. I'm still taking only one pill per day but it's got more in it.

I went through 1 bottle of Horsetail / Silica (Vitamin Shoppe brand) during the first part of 05 but I stopped after that one because I just didn't like having to swallow those grass pills.

A few days before Christmas I stocked up on biotin. I got 3 bottles with 120 each so I'm set for almost a full year. That's Sundown brand also but I get that at Walgreens and they still had it. They don't have the MSM though.

But that's ok because CVS is always having buy one get one free or half off sales on their brand.

I got my Pillowcases from LisaJaney at LHC so if you have some sort of custom design you could try asking her for it. I don't know if she will or can do it but she's a lot easier to ask than some store you don't know anyone at.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 10 2006 at 10:31pm

Thanks PurpleBubba.....actually Anais PMed me as well about LisaJaney, but I have decided to ask my Mum to make me one (she's an awesome dressmaker so it should not be a problem for her). I want to save my "overseas shopping" money for hair toys that are not available here in Oz.

As for "grass pills"....the Spirulina I take is MUCH worse!! hehehe

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 18 2006 at 8:19pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

As for "grass pills"....the Spirulina I take is MUCH worse!! hehehe

Those "grass" pills (capsules) are only nasty if you burp after taking one.  Mooooooooo.    

Edited by DaveDecker
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 11:51am
Miss Rini, your hair is a beautiful color, don't ever dye it! I imagine it will be quite striking once it's waist length.

Edited by Renata22
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:36pm
Hey Renata... I believe the color is already enhanced by henna.  I believe her natural color is red, though somewhat less vibrantly so.  Rini...?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 7:46pm

That would be correct

Dave are you one of those guys who does such things as blurt out a lady's age at dinner parties???

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

That would be correct

Dave are you one of those guys who does such things as blurt out a lady's age at dinner parties???

No, Rini.  I apologize if I offended you.  I was only trying to helpfully answer Renata's question.  (I guess I should have been more patient and let you answer the question directed to you.)  All 3 of the shades of red in your current signature photo are wonderfully beautiful.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2006 at 9:26pm

Aaaww...Dave. I was just kidding!  I'm not at all offended or embarassed really.  Heck, I love to tell the world about the many benefits of henna   I just thought it was funny/cute how you answered for me, that's all.

And thanks

Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 5:30pm

I've heard good things about henna, but my hair is so dark I don't think I could benefit from it. Most women I know (African and Indian) use it to cover gray.

LOL, I remember once seeing a "red-haired" older guy from Pakistan on the news, and I thought "I didn't know Pakistan had redheads", and my husband had to point out that the guy's hair had henna.

missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2006 at 8:03pm
Renata, you wont get much colour except for some righteous highlights on your dark hair....however you will reap the other benefits of using henna...such as stronger, shinier hair :)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PurpleBubba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2006 at 1:12am
My 12 Year Progress Chart

I was replying to a thread at The Loom and I got the idea to make a chart of my hair lengths over the past 12 years.

The chart isn't completely accurate though. I made it as simple as I could.
The 1994 length and cut is actually my starting length. My hair was about 8 inches long to start with and was cut back to 3" - 3.5" in April 04. So the first column is actual strand length and not forehead back.

I never did an actual measurement until probably 2000 so the in between are only about where i was.

1995 - late 1997 I grew without cuts or trims. Then I had a trim and because of the long growout of a layered short cut I had an extreme V. So To get it to look even I lost a thin tail of about 6".

Between that trim and Mid 2000 I had many trims which kept me around 20". Then I started growing again with a few small trims so I got to about 25"

May 2001 I had a trim and did not have another until March 26th of 2004 when I trimmed myself for the first time. I know from looking through forum archives that I was around 30" in 2003 before I went offline for 11 months. I also know that when i came back I was only at 32" because of my ripping and tearing at my hair when it was wet. So I had that trim in March 04 that took me back to about 29.5". I did a few more trims in 04 and in Jan 05 I was at about 33" when I trimmed a whole 3" back to 30".

I'm now at about 36"

It's not a perfect chart but it does show the slow and steady journey I took so far.
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 23 2006 at 9:28pm
Oh, okay, I get it now Rini.

Wow, very technical graph presentation, Robert - I'm impressed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic