Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

my hair before lowlights disaster pics*

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
noeyangel77 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: my hair before lowlights disaster pics*
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:52pm

Hi guys,

Just wanted to post a before picture of what my hair looked like 16weeks ago.  I know it might be pathetic, but I am literally counting the days since my friend wrecked my hair. To refresh your memories, my friend put way too many lowlights in my hair and it turned out black with a few white blonde pieces that looked like Elvira.  I don't have any pictures of that because I didn't want to be anywhere near a camera. The next picute is what my hair looked like when she "fixed it", by adding some blond overtop of the black which resulted in breakage because she did bleach over bleach instead of using a color remover. This picture dosn't show too much of my hair, but it's the only one I have.   You can see the horrible black color underneath and that big piece in the front.  I have had it fixed 2 times since October and will post those pics when I get someone to take a good "hair shot".  You can't see the damage but I am still crying over it.  Thanks so much for your support.  I am addicted to this forum!

Love Noey

Edited by noeyangel77
Tyranna View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tyranna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 2:50pm
You have my sympathy about your lowlight crisis.

A common problem I have noticed on these hair forums - letting friends or family do one's hair and it becoming a disaster.  Why did your friend choose to use such a dark lowlight anyways?
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 5:58pm

Hey Noey...I think your hair looks FAB in the second pic too! It's so smooth, straight and shiny. Is it really that damaged?

You know, you'd look GREAT as a henna red-head!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
MrsMNK View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MrsMNK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2006 at 3:45pm
Hey noey, i dont actually think your hair looks too bad at all, i once bleached my cousins hair and it turned into a disaster, with white on the top yellow at the middle and black bits where i hadnt had enough bleach to put on the rest of her hair, Me thinking im a hero insisted to do her hair and i made a huge mess, as soon as she seen it she burst into tears. Oh well that was years ago.. her hairs fine now lol
Type *~2A/2B~* waist length

Aim *butt length*
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 7:52pm
Hey Noey, your hair looks better than you think.  I hope you feel better about it soon. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:04pm

Hi again!

Thank you guys for your kind words.  It really means alot. Tyranna - I  have no idea why Rose put that black color in my hair, it was supposed to be a nice warm brown lowlight, but I think she put filler in it and then did not follow up with color.  Anyway it is over and I have to live with it, but the thing that really burns me is that she took a goldwell 3 day course and now has a stupid ad in the paper every day that says she is a "color master"  WHATEVER!!! Master at screwing up color jobs more like it!! As you can see I am still very upset.  Rini - even though the pics make my hair look healthy, it is still dry in the blond areas and there are some pieces  that have broken off to only about 3 inches.  I need to count my blessings that it didn't all fry off, but it is too easy to be upset about what did happen and not "what if"  I know if anyone else did this instead of my friend, i wouldn't be as mad - its just that she pressured me to let her do my hair, and I wish i didn't let her.  Thanks for the disaster story Mrs MNK - it makes me fell better that I still have hair.  And thank you Dave for making me feel better.  Do you guys think that my hair will be back to normal in 2 years?  I have cut alot of the damage out, but it still isn't the same to me.  In 2 years I think that my damaged hair should be replaced by healthier hair and I should have about 12 inches of new growth.   I am still in the process of getting it back to my old blond color.  Here are my recent pictures of what I just cut off in Feb. 

Thanks for any replys!  I really need words of encouragement!

Noelle

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e355/noeyangel77/HairJan.j pg

Edited by noeyangel77

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:26pm

Yikes - those pics are huge!! I can't figure out how to crop them..anyway that was my hair in Jan after I had it cut in layers in Dec. It used to be all one length and you couldn't see the dark underneath unless it was put up - so thats how much I had to cut to get rid of some damage.  Here is my latest picture.  I had to cut 2 1/2 inches more from the length and 1 1/2 from the layered blonde.  The dark hair is healthy - the blond is where all the damage is.

Edited by noeyangel77

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 04 2006 at 9:33pm

Last one-

This is the front:  I still am not happy with the blonde color.  It is not the same as my very first pic on this post. WHat do you think??  She is slowly getting it a nicer color each time so not to damage it further.

Edited by noeyangel77
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 3:57am

Noey...I think you look just gorgeous no matter what your hair colour!!  but I do see what you mean about the whole elvira thing. I think it is because of the contrast between those two colours, each on their own is quite nice, but they look a little harsh together.  I do like the last pic you posted though, I think it is coming along really nicely!!  The warmer blonde suits you    I still think you'd look FAB as a red-head though 

Keep doing what you are doing, looking after it and getting trims for the damage. You will get there!!

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 10:04am
Originally posted by missrini missrini wrote:

Noey...I think you look just gorgeous no matter what your hair colour!!  but I do see what you mean about the whole elvira thing. I think it is because of the contrast between those two colours, each on their own is quite nice, but they look a little harsh together.  I do like the last pic you posted though, I think it is coming along really nicely!!  The warmer blonde suits you    I still think you'd look FAB as a red-head though 

Keep doing what you are doing, looking after it and getting trims for the damage. You will get there!!

Like Rini, I think either color by itself would look good.  The harsh contrast is odd to me.  What is the natural color - is it as dark as the underneath section is now?  What to do depends on what you want.  As time passes the blonde sections will start growing out... will you re-blonde the new growth, leave as is, or darken the blonde?
haman View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote haman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 11:58am
I think you look fab..
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 11:59am
Noey, you are very pretty! And your hair still looks quite healthy and shiny despite the damage. I think each time you get it "corrected" it will start to look more and more natural. Until then, just hang in there. Good luck!
KB View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 05 2006 at 12:04pm

Plenty of people are doing that blonde with black thing - I think you pull it off quite well!  However, I know it was NOT your intention to have those two colors in your hair at the same time.  And for that reason, I can understand why you are upset.  Your hair is beautiful, though, and I'm certain that most people cannot tell that there is any damage to your hair whatsoever.  Just keep doing what you are doing - you seem to have a great colorist who is slowly restoring your hair to it's old glory.  In the meantime, take some comfort in knowing that you still have a beautiful head of hair - even if it doesn't quite look the way you want it to.  Nobody knows that but you!

MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 10:16am
Hi Noey! (is that your real name? i like it! ) I don't think your hair looks
bad. Infact, I think you pull off the look nicely. To change it I would
suggest going over your whole head with a medium honey brown dye,
which will darken those blonde areas and bring more warm hues to your
overall color. A golden brown would look really great with your eye color
too...
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2006 at 9:55am

Noey, be glad that you had your disaster now when black/blonde combinations are so fashionable.    And you're lucky it suits you so well.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing, as each pic is looking better and better, and good luck.

I can only imagine how much the "colour master" advert must irritate you - rubbing salt onto a wound a little, isn't she?

Good luck + stay optimistic

http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 7:23am

Hi guys,

Thank you so much for your replys.  Every day I come home from work and go straight to the computer to check this site. 

To answer a few questions:

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Like Rini, I think either color by itself would look good.  The harsh contrast is odd to me.  What is the natural color - is it as dark as the underneath section is now?  What to do depends on what you want.  As time passes the blonde sections will start growing out... will you re-blonde the new growth, leave as is, or darken the blonde?
[/QUOTE]

Dave - my hair is naturally medium brown.  The color underneath is dyed that dark.  My goal is to keep growing and touch up the regrowth with blond every 6 weeks and eventually grow out the layers to cover up the underneath dark layer.  As you can see from the front picture, it dosn't look bad - I just don't like the major contrast in the back because of the layers. This way - I don't have to highlight my entire head of hair and some of it (the dark) remains healthy and untouched by bleach.

MISSMARIEJANE - Noey is my nickname.  It is short for Noelle.  Thanks for saying it is cute!!

I will keep everyone updated when I go to get my roots touched up in April.  I wish I could try red or a warm brown all over, but I feel I look best as a blonde.  I used to have dyed dark brown hair in high school and when I got my first blond highlights I started to get more attention and when my hair became more blonde I felt more confident.  I also feel I don't need to wear much make up with blond hair because it agrees with my skin tone.

Talk to you soon!

Noelle

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 8:19am
Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

Noey, be glad that you had your disaster now when
black/blonde combinations are so fashionable.    And you're lucky it
suits you so well.

I'd say keep doing what you're doing, as each pic is looking better and
better, and good luck.

I can only imagine how much the "colour master" advert must irritate
you - rubbing salt onto a wound a little, isn't she?

Good luck + stay optimistic

what's the "color master"?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noeyangel77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2006 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by MissMareeJane MissMareeJane wrote:

what's the "color master"?[/QUOTE]

MissMareeJane - The girl who wrecked my hair took a 3 day Goldwell course and now she has an ad in the  local paper that says "Book with Rose Goldwell color master."  Its just a stupid title because she passed some 3 day course about color and stuff.  I am suprised she even passed!  I know for a fact that she got her hairdressing licence by the skin of her teeth.  I was stupid for letting her do my hair, but she was a friend of mine and kept bugging me to let her color my hair.  She was often offended when we would go out and people would compliment my hair (before she wrecked it), it offended her because when girls asked me who did my hair I would tell them about my hairdresser in London and then they would usually ask why I didn't get Rose to do it.  I always said because I didn't want to mix hair and friendship.  Well I wish I never backed down!!  We are not even friends anymore because she handled then whole situation very unprofessionaly and never said she was sorry for alot of my hair falling out and breaking off.  Whatever!!!  What goes around comes around.  I just need to stay positive and thats what this board is all about!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 10:50am
wow, that sucks...I'm sorry to hear that.

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2006 at 4:11pm
Hey Noey, that really does suck to have a so-called friend do that.....you have such a great attitude. Your hair will be back to the way you like it in no time. Thanks for sharing your experience as it really makes me more careful about who I select to work on my hair.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic