Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Pantene Restoratives??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pantene Restoratives??
    Posted: February 04 2006 at 7:39pm
Hey all!
Haven't been here in a while.  As soon as I blow out my hair, I'll post an updated pic.
In the meantime, has anyone tried the new Pantene Restoratives line?  I don't like Pantene much, but I've heard such good things... I was just wondering. 
Anyway, I just purchased the Shampoo and Conditioner for Frizz Control.  I'm about to take my shower...I'll let you know how it goes, lol!

Christine

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 10:43am
Hi Christine...welcome back. I am really anxious to see your updated progress pic.  Sorry, but I havent tried the product you asked about.  I used to use the shampoo and conditioner before my disastrous hair cut and I can tell you it  really dried my hair out!  I now use Suave Professional Color Care shampoo and conditioner.  It is their version of Biolage ( with sodium laureth sulfate ).  I love the feel of my hair now and it isnt dry to the touch.  I looked over most of the drugstore shampoos and this one is more gentle than most.  I really like it.

Edited by KellyX
Tiramisu2c View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiramisu2c Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 12:43pm
So, I used the Pantene Restoratives Frizz Control last night and so far, so good. 
I know Pantene is supposedly really drying, but I'm telling you, I've felt what my hair feels like when I wash the conditioner out, but this time, it felt like total and complete silk.  My hair usually feels nice after washing out conditioner, but then while it air dries with no product, it just frizzes out.  Something about this Pantene product helped it keep its deep wave pattern and there was SO much less frizz even after the first use.  I don't see any drying effects as of yet, but I can't imagine there are any.  Wouldn't drying lead to more frizz? 
Anyway, I like it a lot.  It smells different and it's a purple/blue color. 
Will post pics soon!

"Long Hair Wishes and Frizz-Free Dreams!"
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 3:32pm
I dont know but, my hair always felt silky after use of Pantene products too.  My stylist is the one who told me how drying it was and I tried using other products.  I just loved the feel of Pantene and went back to using it.  However, I noticed after a few months how very dry my hair felt until I put the conditioner in it after washing especially.  It felt like straw.  The after I got my hair butchered off...I dropped the Pantene and my hair feels silky and soft even after 1 month of using new product.  I know how upset you were after your hair got cut so short and I just dont want to see your hair end up so dry like mine was once you have grown it back.  In any event,  I hope it works for you.

Edited by KellyX
Kelly
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 05 2006 at 6:03pm
Tiramisu, the silky feel you are describing is from the silicones (cones) in Pantene. Some ppl's hair likes them, some don't. It's important to make sure you do a clarifying wash every so often to get rid of the cone coating on your hair, this will allow other moisturising products (such as oils, proteins etc) to penetrate your hair shaft.

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
Renata22 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Renata22 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 08 2006 at 10:31pm
I use (sometimes) a conditioner that must really be high in silicones. It's the Aussie 3 minute miracle. It makes my hair feel like liquid glass. The trick in using these products is not to use it to often. After a lot of experimenting, I've found that my hair likes this product if I only use it about twice a month or so.
Hair type: who knows?
Length: 23 inches as of 3/10/06
MY HAIR IS OFFICIALLY BRA STRAP LENGTH!!
Goal: Waist Length, which is only 30 inches so
ADVISE ME ON HOW TO GET JUST 7 MORE INCHES OF GROWTH!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:04pm
Hey Christine, welcome back! 

Use whatever works for you.  Glad to hear you've found a product you like.

Looking forward to seeing pics of the growth.
dancingbarefoot View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dancingbarefoot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:10pm
If you like the results, use it! Nothing more complicated than that required
for good haircare.

I haven't heard that Pantene is drying, but a lot of people notice increased
shedding when they use it. That's why I never bought a second bottle all
those years ago when I tried it.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 12 2006 at 8:28pm
Hey DBF,

Interesting symptom you had, there... I don't think (?) I had that problem with it, but it surely made my hair brittle and resulted in lots of breakage.  "What works for some, doesn't necessarily work for others" still holds true.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic