Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Afro Treatment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Afro Treatment
    Posted: February 18 2006 at 9:07am

not really- i just didn't want to suggest anything that was too girly for you.

For conditioner- Go to sally's and get a gallon of CureCare Conditioner- it's like on sale for $5.99 right now- i know a gallon is a lot but you can't be the price for the amount that you are getting and you can use this daily for your conditioner washes

For shampoo- i would suggest Cream of nature- the one with the yellow lid and the bottle is white with green writing on it.

in the event the you do need to deep condition- try queen helene super cholesterol treatment and put a thin plastic cap over your head and leave it in for an hour or so before rinsing it out- you would use this after shampooing and using a rinse out conditioner.

hope this helps a little further. anything else-feel free to ask.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Poncey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poncey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 18 2006 at 8:59am

Well I am a male, would it be any different?

carameldiva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carameldiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:34pm

Well- i would suggest oiling it(scalp and ends) with coconut oil or olive oil(extra virgin, pomace b , extra lite or plain ole olive oil).

I would suggest doing daily conditioner washes as well. Use conditioner instead of shampoo. Shampoo/dc weekly.

for moisture daily- try soft sheen carson's- care free curl instant moisturizer (with glycerine and protein)- the one in the yellow bottle with the red letters.

Also tie you hair up at nite with a silk or satin scarf, du rag or sleep on a satin pillowcase.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. I tried to keep this simple cause i didn't know if you were a male or female.

Me and you, your cousin and your momma too rollin on da strip on bow's
Poncey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Poncey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 16 2006 at 5:16pm
I am thinking of growing an afro, what should I put in it?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic