Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I want long hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
hummilicious View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I want long hair
    Posted: February 21 2006 at 5:06pm

Hello Ladies,

How are yall? I been looking around the board. You guys all have lovelylong anf beautiful hair. Well I want to grow my hair long right now its very short. What should I use? I know I have to drink 6-8 glasses of water, wash my hair less, high protien diet, less heat,use a good shampoo and conditoner.

Are there are any vitamins or pills you take that are safe?

What shampoo and condtioners you use?

Please Help I want long hair by a wedding I am going to attend by the end of this year. Please help

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 5:07pm
I want long and healthy hair
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 6:06pm

Hi ...and welcome.  I take a beauty and health wellness vitamin.  It contains biotin and msm among other things.  As far and shampoo and conditioners go, I personally use John Frieda shine release shampoo and conditioner.  It has gentle cleansing agents and the smell is great.  By the way, I do shampoo on a daily basis. Some do not, but my hair doesnt feel good unless I do, and my hair is still soft and silky.

Kelly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 7:08pm
Hve you seen any growth from beauty and health wellness vitamin pills? Are they safe? Are they birth control pills? I am 19 and I am scared of taking pills that might be unsafe or later cause problems?
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 7:36pm
Welcome, hummilicious!

Number one thing: Don't cut or even trim your hair.  Just avoid salons until the big event (and even then, be very careful about a pre-event salon visit - take a friend or two along to enforce your request for a shaping trim).

Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and get adequate rest.  I know, boring.  But it works.  A healthy you = a healthy growth rate of hair.  Vitamin, mineral, and herbal supplementation can help - check this board for these topics.

Good luck!
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2006 at 10:55pm
I have been following the suggestions that Dave mentioned above, and I have had a good rate of hair growth for the last two months. Basic vitamins for health will supplement your diet, and won't hurt you in any way.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 1:36am

I agree with Dave  methods to long hair are more mundane than not. The health of your hair will depend on what you do long-term. In addition to what wise words others have said, I just wanted to add that staying STRESS FREE is also very important. And the other thing is common sense: don't snag hair on things, rip through tangles, etc.

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long
KellyX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KellyX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 6:25pm
hummilicous...... no they are not birth control pills and yes they are very safe.  They can be purchased at Walmart.  I have personally seen 1 inch growth in the past month.  I do realize that will not be the norm for every month, and overall hope to gain at least 6 inches by end of the year.  All other advice is great.  You do need to avoid all trims for now and take care of your hair.  Before you know it, you will see a big difference in your hair.  Good luck to you
Kelly

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:33pm
Originally posted by KellyX KellyX wrote:

Hi ...and welcome.  I take a beauty and health wellness vitamin.  It contains biotin and msm among other things.  As far and shampoo and conditioners go, I personally use John Frieda shine release shampoo and conditioner.  It has gentle cleansing agents and the smell is great.  By the way, I do shampoo on a daily basis. Some do not, but my hair doesnt feel good unless I do, and my hair is still soft and silky.

The name of the vitamins are "beauty and health wellness vitamin"? Isnt msm some hormones that pregnant women make? LoL sorry to sound uneducated thats what I have been hearing msm is some chemical that pregnant women have which increase hair gorwth.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:34pm

Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

Welcome, hummilicious!

Number one thing: Don't cut or even trim your hair.  Just avoid salons until the big event (and even then, be very careful about a pre-event salon visit - take a friend or two along to enforce your request for a shaping trim).

Eat a balanced diet, exercise regularly, and get adequate rest.  I know, boring.  But it works.  A healthy you = a healthy growth rate of hair.  Vitamin, mineral, and herbal supplementation can help - check this board for these topics.

Good luck!

You have a very beautiful hair . Are there are any vitamins you are taking?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hummilicious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2006 at 8:37pm
Originally posted by AnaisSatin AnaisSatin wrote:

I agree with Dave  methods to long hair are more mundane than not. The health of your hair will depend on what you do long-term. In addition to what wise words others have said, I just wanted to add that staying STRESS FREE is also very important. And the other thing is common sense: don't snag hair on things, rip through tangles, etc.

Anais

You have very beautiful hair as well . I am going to try mtg.

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 23 2006 at 8:13pm
Thank you for your kind compliment, Hummilicious. 

You might want to read this thread of discussion on Vitamins.

AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2006 at 3:25pm
Thanks Hummilicious  I get such a kick out of your name.
my LJ, 40 inches long
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic