Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Monthly Progress Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Monthly Progress Report
    Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:43am

My "anniversary" date is the 25th of each month, so that's when I've been measuring and posting my progress. I don't have a photo yet, but my hair has grown this month (despite my belief that it hasn't)! I have grown 3/4 inch since last month, and trimmed 1/4 inch this month, for a grand total length of 20 inches (yahoo! I didn't know I could reach 20 inches). I'm averaging about 3/4 inches of growth each month. I started three months ago with the Board at 17.75 inches. I'm still struggling with some issues, including very dry ends (a result of bleach coloring from a few years back). But overall I think joining the Board and getting support and advice from all of you has really helped my hair. THANK YOU!

LadyFrog View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyFrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 12:15pm
Wow, I envy your growth rate (hmmm, maybe I should measure my hair again....)

28.02.06 34 inches
Photos
Lifes a grave. Dig it.
-Wednesday 13
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 1:24pm
That's faboo growth, congratulations!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist
Sugaree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sugaree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 1:25pm
I've recently changed my siggy as I'm now at 22" woo hoooo!!
Don't let the man get you down ~ me

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 22" Goal: Waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:05pm
Great news, Sugaree! This hair growing thing is kinda fun

Edited by SpecialKitty
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 3:42pm

SpecialKitty, you fabulous woman you! Thanks for sharing your quick progress!  Thanks for being such a warm wonderful face on our board.

lurf

Anais

my LJ, 40 inches long

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:05pm
Hey, Thanks Anais!!!!
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:39pm
SK, your growth rate is amazing!  Good to see you so upbeat, too. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 6:50pm
Thanks Dave.....I think I may be addicted to this board....
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:17pm
Glad to be a part of helping you to get your fix. 

I see you got the signature photo to upload... Great picture!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 7:24pm
Thanks! Ya, I used tinypic and then just put the image tag in my signature and crossed my fingers. Glad it worked.....and thanks again for your help Dave.
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 9:21pm

Yay specialkitty!!!! 

I just posted on another one of your threads about your sig pic.  I think we have similar hair, but your ends are much blunter/thicker than mine and your hair doesn't look messy! We're at about the same length too and we have the same growth rate.  Maybe we will reach our goals at the same time??

Thanks for the update

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 27 2006 at 11:26pm

Yes, Rini, it will be fun to compare notes over the months!! I got a big kick out of your photoshop fantasy pic because I was hoping that's what my hair will look like in a few years! I'm still wondering about henna and if I want to go red, but I think it could really help my hair...And, I'm wondering if I should recassify my hair type to a 2b or 2c???

Thank you for noticing my ends!! I went through about three years of growing out a really bad short cut and bleached color - it was awful. It took a long time to grow the layers out and I probably over-trimmed in an effort to get my ends even again. I also wasn't growing nearly as fast (probably under 1/4 inch a month if that) and I also had a big shedding event last year that scared me a bit (nothing like worrying that you're going bald!). I still have some issues with my ends, but they are shaping up a bit. Yours look much healthier than mine do at this point!

Edited by SpecialKitty
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 28 2006 at 12:42pm

Your doing great.I saw your post so it made me want to measure mine,I'm at 17" !.Thats two inches since december 10th..My own hair doesnt look very long,but maybe i just have a big head,lol.And i understand the ends dilemma,mine are pretty yukky from growing out a short razored cut.

your hair looks great.I would love to have waves like that.

Edited by Longhairdreams

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 3:24pm
Thanks Longhairdreams! Your hair looks beautiful, dark and thick - congratulations on your fantastic growth.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 02 2006 at 8:13pm
Thank you specialkitty ,I'm really starting to appreciate my natural hair.I dont want to cover it up anymore,which is a first in a long time.I even dont mind the first grays coming in(i'm only 23,lol).It adds character.
MissMareeJane View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MissMareeJane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 12:35pm
I have some grays sprouting too LHD (i'm 22), I like them a lot.. I didn't
notice them until I started growing my natural color out.

Congrats on your phenominal growth SK! Not for anything...but your hair
looks longer than 20" in your signature...
Don't let the man get you down

1c MC iii Dark Brown, 23" Goal: Waist

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 12:58pm
Thanks - I know it always looks longer in the photos - I think I'm measuring right though....maybe I just have a short neck I put the tape measure at my hairline and then pull it over the top of my head and down the back to the end of the hair. I'm glad it is looking longer. Have a great day MissMareeJane aka Sug!
horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2006 at 6:22pm
Hi, glad to see your hair is growing so fast...wish mine would!
RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic