Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I FOUND THE MIRACLE MIST!!!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 4:20pm
Hi , Wow the Dove sheer mist is hot right now. So nice to hear more testomonies with great results.  Its excellent for naturals. I just love this mist sooooo much . Hope others will try it , LOL S XX
Sharon71XxX
Natural 10 yrs,mostly 4b,past BSL length(at back)
Joined Shoulder length challenge 15th April 2006.
GOAL: Healthy,thicker shoulder/L unstreched for Dec 12/15th 06'
cookiesnkream View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2006 at 8:52pm
Hi Sharon,, wow i am looking foward to using " the
mist" this weekend,, i hope it wont make my hair too
soft though,, hmm how do i explain the hair types
thing,, well starting with 1a ,, that would be very
straight hair,, and so on till 4b which is the
kinkiest hair.... u can go on google or yahoo and use
the search phrase hair type 4a and it will find a u few
websites containing the hair typing systems,, ,, there
are some links here on that too... :-)

Edited by cookiesnkream
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 8:59am

Ok, I think I like this baby blue stuff.  I tried it for the first time the other day and it really detangled well so I like that part. 

Pokahontas View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pokahontas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Sharon71 Sharon71 wrote:

Hi C im ab sure the 'miricle mist founder' Taggi and others with vouch for this one. Trust me it will work for you and your hair will look and feel real nice. Works wonders as well when taking out cornrow makes the job 10x easier. 

you'll see how lovely your hair is when it dries in your hair naturally.

We have a store in London called Superdrug and today they had the Dove mist buy one get one free  ( BOGOF) so I got 4 to put down This is my hair tonic from now on!!!!

you go girl with your obsessed hair nothing wrong with caring about it ! Im so protective over my hair too . Let me know if its a miricle for you. Nuff props to Taggi for that . I got a good feeling about this one . LOL

PS. I dont understand the hair type 3b 4b thing so could some explain this to me

Here is the hair type chart that most people use.  Hopefully it will help you out.

http://naturallycurly2.com/curl411/types.php

Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 2:58pm

Hi CnK, Im sure you will like it, if you do not want yr hair too soft don't spray too much as alittle goes a long way in my hair. i do not saturate it too much as my hair is really thick and i like thickness as opposed to softness. Thanx for the advice about the the hair types i think i  may be a 4b but which check this out

Hey P Im glad you like this baby blue stuff ! Yes it's a gr8 detangler too 

Thanx so much for the  hair type chart 

Sharon71XxX
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 29 2006 at 4:55pm

I had been trying to avoid this thread...I just couldn't cause it kept popping to the top.  So today, 2 hours ago I went and purchased this product. I'm sold on the fragrance...I won't try it out until tomorrow after my workout. 

Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 3:23pm

Hi Cmesweet

Pleazeee let me know how it works on your natural hair cos im natural too  and spray alittle every day.... I wait with excitement but thats jus me being bias  !!

Sharon71XxX
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 30 2006 at 8:52pm
go on gurl, try it out!!! dont be scurred,its all good
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 7:20am

Hi All

I've noticed that since using the Dove mist my hair has stretched out nicely adding that length. Coz my hair is real thick and natural it can get a bit tight. For me it also gives my hair that just right amount of shine ( dont like that over shiny gooopy look !! :) xx

Sharon71XxX
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 9:40am

Thanks for that info Sharon

My hair is in twists...but I washed them after working out. I did not put conditioner on them because I wanted to get the effect of the Leave-in without other products. This morning to my surprise my hair was even softer. 

Sharon did you do yours on wet hair or dry hair.  I believe that since I put it on wet hair that it shrunk up even more. Because I have rinsed my hair more than once this week and it didn't shrink up as much as it did with this leave in. It doesn't matter...I'll try it soon when I wear my hair out and see how that goes. This is actually one  product rave that worked for me.

Edited by cmesweet
Natural
BC May 9, 2004

Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 2:12pm

Hi Cmesweet

I just spray it in my hair when its dry and go ! I've got my hair in cornrow at the mo cos of work and and keeps for a few weeks before a re -do. I've not tried in on wet/ washed hair yet but i would  steam/ treat my hair with normal conditioner  as usual and spray with mist after or when hair is dry for that extra goodness . I have my hair in twists as well so i would spray it in and leave to dry naturally.

The mist acts as my hair tonic in between washes -its like the braid/ tonics on the market but without all the heavyness and it seems to work nicely on black hair cos my friend tried it too and loved it!

I reckon it would work nicely if you spray in hair before twisting leave to dry naturally than after a couple of days take yor twists out and go!! A nice treat for those special occasions or party nites when you feel like doing the 'all hair out thing!!! xx

Sharon71XxX
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:06pm

Hi All

Any more testomonies on the miricle mist ??? Sorry to go on about this but i think i caused a chain reation with my friends. Two of my sisters ( naturals ) called me on the phone to say they tried this baby blue bottle stuff and loved it . They are going to covert to this one and get rid of their goopy hair mists . They are Doving it!!! Heeee

Sharon71XxX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:23pm
Sharon!! this had better work for me just kidding , i am 6
months transitioning a relaxer right now and have a problems
with awful dryness after washing(b4 i flat iron) the relaxed hair
ia the worst with the dryness ,, I am really hoping this will help
with that ,, ill know tomorrow i guess ....
Hair type: 3b some c?, fine strands, last relaxer sept 05, never again!!! current :ap length on sides,,nearly bsl in back, damn those old frazzled ends! I am hair OBSESSED   
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 31 2006 at 8:33pm

Hi CnK

Im real sure it will help with the dryness. Carry on with your normal conditioning and use the mist daily on dry hair in between your washes. Treat it as your daily hair tonic. I think it deffo does what it says on the bottle !!

Sharon71XxX
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 1:38pm
wow i am so glad that my product review has set off a gr8 turn out of believers!!! for those of u still using a greasy,goopy hair moisturizer u need to go ahead and give it up!! like Sharon71 says, start 'Doving It' with the rest of us and u will be amazed
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 03 2006 at 2:43pm

Hey Taggi (and all !)

Nice to see you back . I thought you'd gone AWOL Heeeee.

Its so true about the greasy goopy stuff . The Dove mist is light, gives your hair that conditioned feel and you'll have the benefits of using a leave- in conditioner without necessarily having to wash your so often.(which is good for the hair in my view).

No greasy build up a nice natural sheen and your hair will feel gr8 especially after a fews days of usexx

Sharon71XxX
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 6:37am

This mist is really good

I started to use the mist on my cornrow before my regular wash as wanted a preconditioned feel.  I washed and treated my hair this am and used as a detangler to take out rows with alot of ease. I oiled my hair with alittle WGHO and used the mist . My hair has now dried naturally and looks FAB. I may used the mist again to give it a mild heat blow dry later.

Ladies you have got to try this mist

Sharon71XxX

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cookiesnkream Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2006 at 9:04pm
it din't work! lolol,, i tried it this past weekend
and the next day my hair felt like burnt toast as
usual,, this didnt seem to make a diff either way,, im
dissapointed

Edited by cookiesnkream
Sharon71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharon71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 6:54am

Gosh  CNK

I 'm really sorry to hear that and i hope your hair is ok. I guess while one hair product works for some it doesn't work for others and can do the opposite cos it moistured my hair real well. LOLxx

Sharon71XxX
taggi View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taggi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2006 at 8:20pm
well cookies i dunno what 2 say about that.can u tell us what u did before and after,becuase i really dont think it was the product. because it is water based, its impossible for it 2 make it feel burnt. did u flat iron or sumthin cuz i just dont get it
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic