Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Long Hair!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
summer*22* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer*22* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Long Hair!
    Posted: June 29 2006 at 8:45am

This is an old picture but look how long her hair is!!!

SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 11:00am
Oooooh! That is so long and pretty.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 12:03pm
One of the arguments against long hair is that it doesn't "make" a woman beautiful.  I agree, but this is a great example of how long hair simply enhances a woman's natural beauty!
x-littleme-x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote x-littleme-x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 12:33pm
Is it just me but this is un-natural and un manageable! Imagine the strain on your head, the amount of pressure you are creating. I knew someone who went to the doctors about really bad headaches she kept getting and he said she should cut her hair. She stopped getting them after that. Her hair was thinner and a lot shorter then that hair!

All I can say is I hate long hair like that!
falconwithin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote falconwithin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 1:15pm
wow... Now thats long hair.
summer*22* View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote summer*22* Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 1:19pm
I think her hair looks pretty because she has taken really good care of it; it looks so healthy.  I personally would not grow my hair out that long...I think the longest I would ever want it is tailbone length, but that is just me.

anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 1:58pm
Originally posted by x-littleme-x x-littleme-x wrote:

Is it just me but this is un-natural

How is cutting hair more natural than hair that grows long?  I'm not sure I understand.
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 29 2006 at 4:24pm

Is it just me but this is un-natural and un manageable! All I can say is I hate long hair like that!

I think it's okay for you to "hate" long hair like that on yourself, but to condemn it for others is not very supportive or understanding. Some women love their hair long, and the longer the better. I think that the woman in the photo obviously loves her hair very long or else she wouldn't have grown it that way. It appears to have grown that way "naturally"
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 01 2006 at 2:39pm

Is it just me but this is un-natural and un manageable! Imagine the strain on your head, the amount of pressure you are creating. I knew someone who went to the doctors about really bad headaches she kept getting and he said she should cut her hair. She stopped getting them after that. Her hair was thinner and a lot shorter then that hair!

All I can say is I hate long hair like that!

Unnatural?  No.  Unmanageable?  Not for her.  Maybe for you.  And that's okay...

As you can see from my signature picture, my hair is also kinda long, and I can tell you that it does not give me headaches when I wear it loose or in a braid.  Wearing it in a tight ponytail can tend to put pressure on the strands around the hair line and sometimes causes headaches; but the lesson I take from this experience is that it is a matter of hair style and not hair length

Medicine is an art form as much as a science.  I doubt the doctor had received training on the interaction on headaches and hair length.
vivek View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vivek Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 04 2006 at 10:38pm
i too endorse dave. I too have a long hair - 32 inches and i manage it comfortably , i enjoy it. i spend some time on it daily and even my wife enjoys my long hair.

I think it depends on the individual style
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 8:25pm
Wowww!!  Good for her, taking care of all that hair!  I think it is beautiful, and it's so healthy!!  I hope to have 1/3 of that (I'm working on it) -- then, who knows? 

I think many people are uncomfortable with others' hair being long only because it's rare, and generally speaking, peoples' perceptions have been "trained" against it by our society, even though it is more natural.  Kind of like how many people have been "trained" to prefer heavily processed foods and additives, even though that's not natural either (but it is lucrative).  Sorry for the tangent.
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2006 at 11:32pm
Originally posted by rhpetunia rhpetunia wrote:

I think many people are uncomfortable with others' hair being long only because it's rare, and generally speaking, peoples' perceptions have been "trained" against it by our society, even though it is more natural.

Oh, thank you.....many people who worship short hair would vehemently disagree.  I think long hair is gorgeous (the picture on your avatar shows some really enviable, drop-dead beautiful hair!), but there are also several short hair styles that I think are cute (but not on me).  I hate to say this, but since many of us are unable or unwilling to grow our hair past our waists, sometimes it's easy to dismiss long hair by saying it's "not in current style" or other such nonsense, when the honest truth is that many, but not all, people are a bit threatened by all the dedication it takes to obtain really  long hair.

Quote Kind of like how many people have been "trained" to prefer heavily processed foods and additives, even though that's not natural either (but it is lucrative).  Sorry for the tangent.

I'd love to argue but cannot!
SanFranBrent View Drop Down
Inactive
Inactive

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SanFranBrent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 08 2006 at 8:59pm
She has amazingly long hair!

Finally, someone with hair that is longer than Dave Decker's hair!
I believed that Dave Decker, along with Crystal Gayle, had the longest hair in the world. But this lady has even longer hair! But it must drag on the floor when she walks. Unless she pins part of it up.

What I have noticed since I have been growing my hair long, is that I appreciate, (if their long hair is well kept) other people who have very long hair, because it does take some effort and care, to have very beautiful long hair. I also notice that the longer my hair gets, the more I want it to look good, I want my long hair to be very clean and well kept.
Brent
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 3:25pm

IMO your comment is spot on, rhpetunia.

Excellent comments also, Anne...

Brent... my hair is by no means the longest hair in the world --  I personally know four women who have hair that is at least to the floor.  True, the hair of the woman in the photo would drag on the floor if she walked around with it all down, but in all likelihood she did not do that.  Most anybody that has long hair (except for some motorcycle enthusiasts, most fans of bleaching, and the very poor) endeavors to keep it as healthy as possible.  That's part of the value of forums such as these -- people can share their haircare ideas, what works and what doesn't.

horselover_1625 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horselover_1625 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 7:29pm

Her hair is amazingly long. I don't think I would be able to handle hair that long, as I'm much too active, but I like having long hair. And we all have our prferences....whatever works for you!

RANITA~~
-----------
What good is life without a horse??!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic