Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Terribly Sad Story, help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
SweetiePie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetiePie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Terribly Sad Story, help?
    Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:00pm
When i was really little I used to have the most gorgeous long silky brown hair... I got my hair highlighted for the first time when i was about 11 years old, because at the time it was the coolest thing a little girl could do in colombia, south america (where i live). Last year I highlighted so much It looked blonde, and straightened an infinite amount of times. After a bunch of yrs of much abuse i finaly gave my hair a break and to make a really long story short ive gone natural again, no heat, no nothing. Now im just recovering from the bad haircut that turned my hair all different lenghts and made me take my all natural vow. Its amazingly better now, and looks pretty good for all the damageits gone thru. The problem is, theres this 1 girl in my class with loooong silky straight hair.. its the most beautiful thing uve ever seen! And i cant stand it how she just lets it airdry every single daaayyy, and never EVER puts anything in it... And i have to keep doing a gazillion things just to make mine look halfway decent. I have a baaaaad urge to use that blow dryeragain, and right now im so disappointed. I know my hair is so much better that before, but theres the back which is still sooo dry and frizzyish that im about to go to the evil side again... i need some support!
anne6000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anne6000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 09 2006 at 10:15pm

(By the way, I didn't edit anything.  I was just starting to type and somehow it says that I posted!)

I'm glad your hair is getting healthier.  However, as odd as this may seem, there is probably someone with stick-straight hair in your class eyeing your hair and thinking how beautiful it is and how her hair can never hold a curl!

Unfortunately, sometimes we want what we don't have.  From what I've read, the best for your hair is not to fight its natural inclination.  If it's wavy, enjoy those beautiful waves!  If it's straight, enjoy the straightness.

Edited by anne6000 - July 09 2006 at 10:20pm
Katja View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Katja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 10:29am
Trust me, I know what you mean about the girl with perfect hair.  But Anne's right... a few weeks ago I was talking to my perfect hair girl and we got on the subject of hair, and she told me she would love to have hair like mine because she "can't do anything" with hers.

Personally, I still think the long silky pin-straight hair that airdries perfectly is better than my own wavy hair that needs tons of products to get rid of the frizz.  But I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.

Don't stress out about it.  And if you use the blowdryer once or twice, it won't be the end of the world.

HTH!
~Katja
"If you're not failing every now and again, it's a sign you're not doing anything very innovative."
-Woody Allen
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 11:59am
SweetiePie, I agree with the previous replies. I bet your hair looks great and someone is envying you as we write.
SweetiePie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SweetiePie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2006 at 9:29pm
thanx guys that helped a lot, because I guess I do like my hair the way it is... and I'll try my best to use your advice when I see my perfect- haired friend.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic