Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

GNC Nourishair for men?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
dude20 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dude20 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: GNC Nourishair for men?
    Posted: August 14 2006 at 5:23pm
I know there's a bottle for women do they have to be sexist is there one for men with biotin, msm, silica?
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 14 2006 at 9:07pm
That's awful!!  They should be reported!!

I don't take special hair vitamins, so I don't know the answer to your question.
2b/F/ii
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 7:17am
Yeah, they are making a mistake marketing that only for women, that just causes male customers to reject the product....which in sales having any group of people reject your product just from the title is a bad idea.

I don't see anything in there that would be bad if a male took it, so I'd say go for it.  You don't want to take iron, because males don't lose iron every month like premenopausal females do, and too much iron can be bad for some people (some people collect it in their systems instead of excreting it, and this is not often diagnosed until organ damage has already occured from it, so best not to take iron if you are an adult male unless a doctor prescribes it for something).   This vitamin doesn't have any iron in it, so you're okay there.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 16 2006 at 5:55pm
ttly agree with susan and rheptunia. That is sexist. I suggest you don't use but get another multi vitamin.
HTH

Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 21 2006 at 6:19pm
They used to make GNC NourisHair For Men. Just look in the "men's" section at GNC. I used to purchase the GNC NourisHair For Men since it had the exact same ingredients as the GNC NourisHair For Women. But then they changed the packaging and the ingredients, where the formulas became different. So I began purchasing the GNC NourisHair For Women. Now I purchase the GNC UltraNourisHair For Women. I doesn't bother me purchasing it just because it says "for women".

[Maybe they don't offer the men's version anymore. The men's came with black packaging and the women's version had pink in it.]
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 24 2006 at 8:43pm
For a while, I also used the GNC "UltraNourisHair for Women."  I didn't give a flying fig that it was in the women's section of the store (I wanted what was in the pills to be feeding my follicles).  I believe this is purely marketing, directing the product to woman presumed to care more about their hair than men.  There's nothing in the pills that wouldn't also benefit a man's hair (and AFAIK nothing in the pills that would be detrimental for men, either ).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic