Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Styles for the office?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
aerynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Styles for the office?
    Posted: August 22 2006 at 4:06pm
I'm looking for ways to style my hip-length wavy/curly hair that will still look professional. Right now I feel like I'm limited to French braids, which I can do on myself fairly easily, but I get bored. Help?
SugarCube View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SugarCube Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 5:20pm
First of all welcome to the boards, lots of nice people here. And as for the stly you could wear it loose or half up- half down. Lucky you, it must be awesome having all that hair
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 7:13pm
delete

Edited by letmecount123 - November 10 2010 at 12:02am
aerynne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aerynne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 22 2006 at 7:40pm
Sugarcube: I almost never wear my hair entirely loose. It doesn't look good that way because of the way it falls over my forehead. Besides, it gets in my eyes. :) I do wear it down with a barrette pulling back the, um, top half (like a princess style except with a barrette instead of a ponytail holder) most of the time, but I feel like having it half down like that is less professional (and gets in the way).

Letmecount123: That looks like it might actually work! I never blowdry my hair, so it's usually wet to some degree for most of the day and it's not a problem. I haven't used buns on a regular basis for ages because they end up sticking out so far. Hiding the bun itself with a tail hadn't occurred to me.
Pkj049 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pkj049 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 1:12am
Holly,
That is a real simple and elegant look. I will have to incorporate that into my hairdo album.
Can I assume you have not done anything to your hair yet as posted in this forum? I know you were considering a change.
PJ
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 7:23am
That's a really cute do!  I like how it hides your hair length so thoroughly too, that can be useful sometimes! 

Here is a site with lots of long hair styles, some of which are really nice for the office.  (I think the page is not to heavily updated, and some of the links don't work anymore, but I've learned a lot of nice do's from the ones that do):
http://www.longhairloom.com/stylingstationcentral.html

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
letmecount123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote letmecount123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 10:10am
PJ: I actually was just at the hairdresser yesterday. I got a bit of a trim, a few layers, and some chin length bangs. I don't know if I like it yet because I haven't played with it. I kind of think I was going for shorter, more angled bangs... I can still tuck these behind my ears which means that's all I'll ever do (force of habit).

I'm getting a new digital camera today (my other one has passed away *tear*) so I'll post about it after I get some pictures.
rhpetunia View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rhpetunia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 23 2006 at 9:19pm
How about shortening your ponytail with a partial hair stick bun, and leaving maybe 12-18 inches?  I don't know how you dress for work -- I wouldn't do it with an extremely tailored suit, but in nice clothes with softer lines I think it would look nice.
2b/F/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 26 2006 at 5:16am
Originally posted by rhpetunia rhpetunia wrote:

How about shortening your ponytail with a partial hair stick bun, and leaving maybe 12-18 inches?  I don't know how you dress for work -- I wouldn't do it with an extremely tailored suit, but in nice clothes with softer lines I think it would look nice.

I've seen several women wear tailored suits and loose waist-length (or longer)  hair, and always thought that the look really projects power.

Thank you for sharing your photo series, Holly! I hope you find something you like, PJ (btw: welcome!).  Let us know, k?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic