Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My one year progress

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 12:34pm
It's an abbreviation for "Water Only", which is one of the cleansing methods for hair.  There has been a few poeple here that have been trying to go shampoo and conditioner-free and have had good luck with it from what I hear.  You can see a list of other abbreviations used here at this link.

Edited by tdouty - September 08 2006 at 12:35pm

1c.m.ii
36" as of January 14, 2008
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 12:41pm
I've NEVER heard of that! What advantages and disadvantages are there to it?
sorry Rini, don't mean to get off topic. still love the hair! GRIN
tdouty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tdouty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 1:58pm
I'll have to let someone else answer that one becuase I'm not sure myself.  Personally, Jennifer and I love the feel of washing hair with Conditioner Only (CO) and the way the fragrance of freshly conditioned hair follows her wherever she goes.  From what I've been understanding though, shampoo and conditioner cleansing methods tend to strip the hair of it's natural oils and leave hair feeling drier.  WO allows the natural oils from the scalp to be absorbed into the hair shaft and running fingers through it from the scalp down is all that's required to distribute the oils to the ends of the hair.  Can anyone else elaborate more on this?
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 6:12pm
There are a few threads in the recent past that deal with WO - just do a search on "WO" and some should pop up. When I tried it, my hair didn't look great, but I had virtually no shedding which made me happy because I have somewhat fine, thin hair. But, like Tdouty and Jennifer, I really like the fragrance of freshly cleaned hair, so I'm back to using diluted shampoos and conditioners......
Madalyne View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Madalyne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 08 2006 at 10:56pm
Thanks tdouty and SpecialKitty. I'll do a search. I too dilute my shampoos and conditioners. :)
missrini View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote missrini Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 09 2006 at 5:14am
Yeah...what they said

25 inches as at 1st Nov 06
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic