Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Vosene

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vosene
    Posted: September 07 2006 at 4:19am
I've been cone free for a bit so I don't want to go back accidentally with my clarifyer. Can anyone tell me if any of this is cones?

aqua, sodium laureth sulphate, propylene glycol, cocamidopropyl, betaine, cocamide mea, caramel, sodium benzoate, parfum, citric acid, sodium chloride, sodium formate, polyquaternium-22, sodum hydroxide, linalool, formic acid, limonene, alpha-isomethyl, ionone, coumarin, tetrasodium edta

thanks!
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 07 2006 at 7:58am
ionone might be one, since it ends in "one", but that's one "one" I never heard of, so hard to be sure.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 3:57pm
I really don't know, HFO.  I think some silicones may be named with names not ending in "-one," but I have no idea about the ones on the ingredient list.  I might guess that the silicone level is low or non-existent in the product, but you may want to research each ingredient to be sure.

I'm curious to know what "linalool," "limonene," "ionone," and "coumarin" are.  (The last one sounds like a blood-thinning drug - oh wait, that's coumadin. )
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 10 2006 at 4:50pm

Hehe Dave!

I am glad you said blood thinning and not hair thinning eek!

Hell- I used to use Vosene when i was a kid, it does get your hair very clean and its one of those shampoos that might make your hair squeak!
Did you finish your Tesco s and c off?  

Good luck
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 16 2006 at 7:05pm

Thanks for the replies everyone.

It really does make hair squeak! I have alot of strand thickness so it's a bit like guitar hair after vosene.

The Tescos stuff is still going and seems like it will be for a good long time yet! The conditioner just built up alot on my hair and made it quite hard to brush through when it was dry. Vosene then a good S&D trim sorted that out though. Thankyou soo much for introducing me to the Tesco's shampoo! I've saved at least £20 since using it!

Edited by Hellfrozeover - September 16 2006 at 7:05pm
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 2:14pm
Can those of us in the US get a hold of Tescos and Vosene? I've never heard of them before......
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 2:37pm
Ionone is an aroma compound not a cone. So nothing to worry about. Clarifiying shampoos don't contain cones.

Much love shary.
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 17 2006 at 5:14pm
Hi SpecialKitty

Unfortunaly you wont be able to get hold of the Tesco's own as Tesco is a huge 24 hour supermarket like Walmart, Target etc
You might be able to buy Vosene altough when i have been over to the states i have never seen it.

Hell- Your welcome! Glad you are still enjoying it, i find the build up with the conditioner as well but as im alternating with brilliant brunette my hair is having a break.
£20 could get you a subspriction to 'Hair' magazine for a year

Hair Type 2a/m/ii
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic