Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

tips on growing my hair long

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
jandan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jandan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: tips on growing my hair long
    Posted: December 04 2006 at 6:25am
hi all
im pretty new to this site and wondered if you could help me please.

i used to have long blonde (highlighted) hair which i loved but in my wisdom when i was pregnant i cut it into a short crop and dyed it brown then red then brown again.

i hated the colour thats why i have gone so many different shades, im now ok with the colour but cant wait to go back blonde, its the cut im hating now.

i have started to grow my short crop out and now feel like im stuck in a style rut. i need some hints / tips on what will help my hair grow and stay in good condition whilst im growing in and when its long.

i dont use starighteners on my hair and dry it very rarely with hairdryer, it is very healthly and shiny at the mo.

here are a few photos of how my hair is now and how it was on my wedding day ( unfortunatley not all my own hair some is extensions)

any help would be great
Thanks, Jan
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:26pm
Hi Jan, and welcome!

Well, if you can, generally, the less you do to your hair and the more gentle you are with it, the better conditioned it will be.

The most important thing you can do to get long hair is minimize (or eliminate) the frequency and amount trimmed from the length.

Diet, exercise, stress reduction and rest -- the same things that are good for you physically -- will also help your hair.

HTH!

Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 9:08am
color does not remove color, in order to go back blonde you will have to bleach to remove brown hair dye and or color remover.
Forget growing long hair after that....You hair will be FRIED
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 19 2006 at 6:40pm
Originally posted by Thisisniccy Thisisniccy wrote:

color does not remove color, in order to go back blonde you will have to bleach to remove brown hair dye and or color remover.
Forget growing long hair after that....You hair will be FRIED

So true.  A friend of mine once dyed her blonde hair black.  She tried to bleach back to blonde and ended up losing it all, predictably.

Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 20 2006 at 12:19pm
Try Colorfix or a similar product but don't use step two. It may take you to a reddish colour but it'll definately be lighter than the dyed colour, maybe you could get highlights to blend the dye with your roots and go from there?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic