Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Give me support guys

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Give me support guys
    Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:45am

I updated the picture cuz I had it re-cut and like it better now. (I only cut it cuz my nephew cut my hair while I was sleeping and I'm trying to grow out the short pieces on top of my head that he cut)

Edited by julesyjul88 - December 21 2006 at 4:51pm
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 6:55am
I hope that if your mom gives you a hard time for cutting it shorter, she also gave him a VERY hard time for cutting it while you were sleeping!  Lock your door at night when that one comes over!  The difference between your chin length bob and your collarbone length avatar looks like about six months of growth, or around 3 inches, if your hair grows at the average 1/2 inch per month.  So, you should be there again by summer if you don't trim it.
Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 12:21pm
I'm so sorry that happened!  My 4 year old nephew told me once that he would cut my hair while I was sleeping on their couch that night.  (which is not normal behavior for him)  I threatened him in an extremely serious tone that if he did that to me or anyone else, I would punish him in a way he would never forget.  I also get seriously defensive when someone teases me by snipping a pair of scissors near my head.  It's a nightmare.....

I agree with Susan.  If you keep your hair healthy and don't trim, it should be back to your shoulders by summer. Smile
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 2:57pm
Thanks guys! Believe me,anything sharp is hidden when he is around now...but he also cut his own hair too,LOL. Lucky for him he is a boy so it doesnt matter much cuz he can just get it cut shorter.
My hair has been growing quicker (or so it seems) since I stopped killing it with chemicals.So hopefully by summer it will be fine.
And no,Susan,my mom didnt say a word about what my nephew had done but if he did it to her hair I bet she would!

Edited by julesyjul88 - December 21 2006 at 2:58pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 6:02pm

What is it about kids and scissors? My son cut his hair when he was 3 ( he is now 8),  my daughter's hair when she was 2 and he was 4 ( he was five at that time). I put the scissors up, and My daughter climbed up to the upper cupboard and got them then preceded to cut her hair. This all happened in about two years time.  My husband wanted to grow my daughter's hair out, but she cut it horizontally on the side. so I had to at least keep it framing her face for a little while to make it look better.This was when she was 2. This year she startd kindergarten with all one length right past her shoulders. She has a lot of new growth on her hairline that she decide she did not like, so she cut her bangs at school.

I teach preschool, and I have heard so many stories about kids cutting their hair, or some one else's.

Alisa06 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 8:05pm
Actually...
That is a CUTE cut on you!  I would reccommend adding a few layers not to far from the bottom to thin it out a bit.
I think it looks good on you!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 10:57am
     Well, your story has been vaporized, Jules, but I think your bob looks terrific. I get the drift of the tale, though. Nephew *could* have chopped it at your scalp, so thank God for small favors! Kids are just curious, so maybe he wasn't being a brat at all.
     I am sorry about your setback,as I think that your long hair will be among the most spectacular ever seen, given its thickness and texture. But your loss is only months, not years, at least! Happy growing, Bob Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 2:33am
Thanks everyone.I'm getting more used to the look.Anyways,I needed it because I want my natural color to grow in healthy (I had been dyeing it blonde for years and it was pretty dried out) So I'm not that upset about it.
My daughter also cut her own hair when she was 3,and she cut hers to the scalp.It took a whole year for it to look somewhat normal.She wore alot of sun hats then,LOL.
I cant wait for my hair to grow out though.It will be the first time in like 12 years that it will all natural and long!

myronnie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myronnie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 3:35pm
I remember when I was in kindergarten and I cut a HUGE patch in my head..lucky for me my hair grows very fast...all my relatives made a huge mess out of it though lol
My Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/myronnie/
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 5:38pm
Wow Julesy... based on some of the other horror stories retold within this Forum, your nephew might have a future as a typical stylist (who disregards the wishes of their clients). Wink  Seriously though, sorry to hear about the unwanted haircut. Ouch

Just curious, how long do you want your hair to be?

Edited by DaveDecker - January 01 2007 at 6:13pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 12:26am
Hmm...Davedecker,I'd like it to at least be to below my breast (sorry,but no other way of saying it,LOL)
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 1:08am
My son cuts his hair regularly (he's 7). Kids are so curious about everything, they cut hair to see what happens. Cause and effect isn't really paid attention to, until they're 10 or so.

Or so the books/child psychs say.
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 3:18am
well,I just wish he could have been curious on his own mom's hair instead of mine,LOL
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2007 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by julesyjul88 julesyjul88 wrote:

well,I just wish he could have been curious on his own mom's hair instead of mine,LOL

No doubt.  LOL

nursie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nursie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 4:20pm
julesyjul, you give such good advice and support here on HB you look beautiful now but im sure your hair is going to grow in healthy and even more gorgeous as you get the length you want!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 5:35pm
Thanks nursie! I just love this forum...what good are all our hair bloopers if we cant help someone else,ya know? Wink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic