Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone used Split-ender?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Raizell View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Raizell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone used Split-ender?
    Posted: December 20 2006 at 9:27pm
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:22am
No,but I'd also be very intrested to know if it works. (as someone who cuts my own hair) I'd be scared my hair would get caught in it or something and it cut off more then it should.
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 12:24pm
I read bad reviews about it a few years back.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 7:56pm
omg....No way.
Sounds like a no no to me.
babycheeks24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babycheeks24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 22 2006 at 7:48pm
bad reviews also not good best to get a salon trim or trim yourself.
Babycheeks
Sharyg11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sharyg11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 31 2006 at 5:43pm

Well as someone that has actually tried it, I can say it is not bad at all. Granted I only bought it because it was on sale for like $18 at Target and I happened to have a gift card. I didn't have any problems with it. I followed the directions and it worked great. I'm too lazy to keep using it though and I always forget. It is sitting on top of my bathroom cabinet I think.

When I was done I removed the little reservoir where the hair falls in. To my surpice it had a buch of little tiny hair tips, and my hair did look good. I have never read any reviews on it, so I can't really imagine what could go wrong; but I didn't have any problems at all.

I have to trim my hair every 8 weeks anyway, because I use a flat iron (most of the time it looks like I don't need to, but I do it anyway just to be safe) so it seems like a waste of time for me to be doing it at home. But if I didn't trim that often, I would probably still be using it.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 01 2007 at 7:37pm
I would not recommend the use of this tool because it does not have the ability to discriminate between a split-end and a healthy end.  The result is that more hair is trimmed off than is necessary.  Now if it were a "smart" tool that could distinguish broken/split/damaged ends from those that are none of the above, then maybe...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic