Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Commitment

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Commitment
    Posted: January 01 2007 at 6:29pm
Bob makes another very good point:

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Nicci, I am NOT forgiving of "professional" stylists cutting too much hair. One must *intentionally* raise one's scissors above the clients desired level to make a length "mistake".

Hairstylists are the only lot of which I am aware that are continually able to get away with being unprofessional.  Of course, it is also my understanding that the most successful stylists are those that take great care to give their customers exactly what they ask for (and advise in advance if the look being requested is not technically achievable).

julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2006 at 2:26am
Bob raises a very good point as extensions are quite pricey!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 26 2006 at 11:04am
     Nicci, I am NOT forgiving of "professional" stylists cutting too much hair. One must *intentionally* raise one's scissors above the clients desired level to make a length "mistake". I think that some beauticians whack away in the hopes that such "services" as extensions will be requested in the future. Best, Bob
Thisisniccy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Thisisniccy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 7:59pm
all professionals mess up once in awhile....Did she just graduate beauty school?  Go easy on her if she did...But if she meant to do it...I would for sure let her hear it...

On the other hand have you ever tried extensions?  They are an excellent alternative!  and there are even some they WILL NOT damage your hair as you try to grow it back out.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 21 2006 at 5:59am
We are in the same boat (sort of) maybe we can hope by summer it will be long (ish) again. I only have myself to blame for my problem though.My nephew spent the night and I woke up at 6am with him cutting my hair off! So,I had to go shorter or look totally stupid with the short flyaways around the top of my head.
Here's a tip,if you love your long hair guys~dont leave out scissors where a 6 year old (who should actually know better,but anyways) can have access to them and decide to play barber on your head.

Edited by julesyjul88 - December 21 2006 at 6:00am
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2006 at 9:10pm
Hi Armybrat,

I'm sad to hear what happened; you have my sympathy. Hug Toni & Guy specializes in trendy haircuts.  Anybody who values their long hair should be wary of them.  Hang in there -- your hair will come back!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 3:31pm
I am so sorry for you!!! I had the same thing happen about two months ago. My hair was almost to my waist, when a friend of mine who is a sylist hacked my hair. It is now right below my bra strap in the back, and right below my shoulders on the sides.I cried for three days straight. and was depressd for about two weeks. I also have been taking HF37. I just started my second month on it. I'll tell you what, I love this stuff!!!!!Clapmy hair has grown almost 2 inches since I have taking it! I measured my hair when it first got cut, and the sides were at 19 in, and the back at 27. It is now at 213/3 on ths sides and almost 30 in the back!Big%20smile
 My hair usually does grow kind of fast, but nothing like it has since I started HF37. Another thing I have noticed is that my energy has gotten SOOOOOO much better. I have aslo been taking fish oil and flax oil, as Essential fatty acids will help also. 

Here is my hair now. keep it mind that my arms are up, so it looks longer. The longest part is right below my bra strap. Before it was cut, I would rest my hand on the back of my jeans and play with my hair.I was growing it out to my tailbone.The lighting here makes it look lighter than it is. it is a really dark brown with auburny highlights.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
ally_needs_help View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ally_needs_help Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 07 2006 at 2:16pm
Aww I'm sorry to hear that! If it's any sonsolation, I really know how it feels, I always seem to get mine cut too short. As you say, it will grow, plus it will be in wonderful condition. Smile
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2006 at 10:53am
     Confused Some "friend" you have, Amy! I'm very sorry about what happened to you. I've said this before, but stories such as yours have kept my wife away from salons for 5 1/2 years now.
     Don't feel too badly, Amy. In June '98, my wife was "spiked" by an over-agressive hacker during her short hair phase. Now, despite cutting over 30" in the intervening years (only *I* trim her hair now) , her locks are beautifully nestling her tailbone. And she's 46 now! Keep the faith, Amy, and avoid stylists like the plague. Cheers, Bob Big%20smile
army88brat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote army88brat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 04 2006 at 12:55am
I got my hair cut two weeks ago this tuesday. I had my longest layer maybe a inch above my bra. Now my longest layer is sitting a couple of centimeters off my collar bone with my shortest layer 1-2inches from my roots. I walked out of the salon crying, it took me two years to get to that length and I trusted a good friend of mine (who in a Toni and Guy graduate), to cut my hair. I told her I wanted to be able to put it in a pony tail- not so much. Alot of my hair doesn't go into a pony tail. it flops forward. But yea, my commitment is to stick it out *tears* (i cryed all last week, but I think I have run out of tears). until the end of march, and then the end of june/july in the summer. I have plenty of style to last me. :-) My hair usually stays in good shape- i don't swim, and I don't usually do anything to promote split ends. By the end of march i should have grown at least 2 inches. I have started taking HF37, on friday night. It is sunday night. So it has been 48 hours...

I can't wait to get my great hair back. I had such a good flattering style. But it will grow....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic