Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Help with tangles!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Help with tangles!
    Posted: January 02 2007 at 10:56pm
Ok, I've had long hair for more than 10 years now and I keep it more than waist length.  Everyone asks me why I don't wear it down.  Honestly??? It's because it tangles so easily that I'm constantly brushing it to keep from getting a rats nest at the end of the day.

Now, I have gotten quite creative with braiding to keep things exciting but I still would like to try wearing it down every once and a while.

How do some of you deal with the tangles and other challenges (like it getting caught in everything under the sun) of having long hair bow free????
MsSerenity View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsSerenity Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 10:35pm
Tangles are my bane as well. Mostly, it's because I have wavy/curly hair and it requires attention to keep that from happening. How often do you trim your split ends? My hair has a tendency to behave after I trim mine. Also, choosing when/where you have your hair down helps. Easier (for me) to have it down inside and up outside.

Then again, what works for me may not work for you. It's all about trial and error.
As fate would have it, my business is all about you.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 03 2007 at 11:44pm
WHat kind of conditoiner do you use? Maybe Try a heavier one. I have to use a heavy one, or I will get tangles also. I have found that jojoba oil helps alot also,it helps as a leav in treatment/ styling aid. I also use it in my daughter's hair to help with fly aways. Also try a heavy condtioning treatment a couple ties a week. When my hair is silkier, it hardly ever tangles. it just seams to slide off itself.

Alisa06 
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 04 2007 at 10:20pm
Thanks for the ideas.
I use Pantene or Dove conditioner and hot oil every couple weeks.  I usually trim up my ends every couple months or when I can tell the tangles are really bad.

I just learned from this BB about S&D,  So I might try that more often to see if it helps.

It's good to know other have tangle trouble when their hair is down.  Maybe I just need to "get over it."  Wink
whhoiskad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whhoiskad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 06 2007 at 10:17pm

Nasty things tangles!

Up untill yesterday i suffered with them, but when i did have them Aussie Miracal Hair Insurance sorted them out to a manageable state!

Good luck!
Hair Type 2a/m/ii
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 07 2007 at 6:30pm
Hi gypsydoll,

Several things I've discovered that help reduce tangles...

* S&D
* Thoroughly comb, then brush, after hair has been up and in the morning to remove accumulated fallout strands
* Ensure hair is oiled just the right amount (I struggle with oiling enough, but I do wear my hair braided a lot).

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic