Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Good deep condtitoiner

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good deep condtitoiner
    Posted: January 16 2007 at 3:21pm
Hello Everyone,

I am looking for a good deep conditioner. I currently only use jojoba oil overnight, and occasionally olive oil.Just wondering what you all think is the best. Thanks in advance.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 5:46pm

Hey Alisa.  I have a recipe for a good curly conditioner you might like to try.  Not as easy as overnight oiling, but good.....

2 eggs, whipped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon real lime juice
Mix well, squeeze into wet hair.  Leave in for 20-30 minutes.  Rinse thoroughly with cool water (if the water is too warm the eggs will cook in your hair).  Shampoo as normal.
sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 10:19pm

I like the George Michael 12 minute conditioner.

Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 16 2007 at 11:16pm
Hairbraider,
Thanks. I will have to try it. Will the lime juice do anythingto my hair color? It is dark brownwith red highlights, and I do not die it at all.

Sunsailing,
Is there a website I could go to, to check it out? thank you.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 1:50pm
Your color looks very similar to mine, maybe a shade or 2 darker.  The lime juice doesn't change it at all.  (as opposed to lemon juice, which I have yet to be convinced really does)  Lime juice helps the curls. 
sarah
40 inches
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 4:11pm

I have heard that lemon juice is good for blondes, so I wondered about the lime juice because they are related. Does it help with definition?

Alisa
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 4:23pm
Yes!  It helps define the curls and makes them more bouncy.  Somebody explained the science of it to me once, but I can't remember.  All I know is that it works.  I keep a spray bottle with lime/water (about 1 tsp per 6 oz) to dampen my hair.  It works so good and also makes my hair softer!  It's one of those things I'd hate to live without.
sarah
40 inches
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 17 2007 at 4:38pm
What a great idea! I always dampen my hair with a spray bottle, to help with the curl.I do this when it is about 3/4 dry after a wash, or just to perk it up when it is dry.

Alisa06
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic