Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

shaved head

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
nikki_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: shaved head
    Posted: January 22 2007 at 3:43am
ive always had long hair until recently. i cut my waist length hair to an inverted bob. im thinking of taking the chance and shaving my head on the advice of a friend. have any of you ever done that? if so how did you like it? how did it look? how long did it take to grow back?
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 6:41pm
Alright normally i would have ignored this post.But I'm curious why you would want to shave your head? I have shaved my head,but only because my hair was trashed from chemicals and I wanted to start out with virgin hair.Its easy to manage as far a washing and such.But there are alot fo awkward growing out stages when growing from that short.It didnt look bad,but I dont really care for the shaved head look myself.I cut mine  at the end of may and its about five inches.Which is normal since hair grows an average of half an inch a month or 6 inches a year.Some grow faster and slower as well. HTH
nikki_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 7:02pm
i have a friend who did it about a year or so ago and she loved it. shes tried talking me into it since. i dunno, why not?
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 7:14pm
Has your friend shaved her/his head?  :-)  Just curious as to why they are advising you to do it, unless they have done it themselves and loved it?

And Longhairdreams, I keep seeing the letters and numbers in the sigs of those who are growing their hair.  What do the 1a, f ii mean? 
nikki_g View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nikki_g Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 7:28pm
yes my friend shaved her head about a year ago and loved it.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 22 2007 at 9:32pm
Originally posted by strawberiblonde strawberiblonde wrote:

And Longhairdreams, I keep seeing the letters and numbers in the sigs of those who are growing their hair.  What do the 1a, f ii mean? 

It's a hairtyping methodology created by Fia, a one-time participant within other talk forums.

The "1a" means "stick straight"  1=straight, 2=wavy, 3=curly, 4=kinky.  The a/b/c designations are subcategories, so the progression is 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, etc.

The "f" means "fine," "m" would be "medium," and "c" is "coarse."  It's a description of the thickness of individual strands.

The "ii" means ponytail circumference of between 2-4 inches.  "i" would be "less than 2 inches" and "iii" means "more than 4 inches."

Edited by DaveDecker - January 22 2007 at 9:33pm
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 12:16pm

Thanks dave for clarifying.

Nikki:I'm still not sure what to tell you.I have to be honest this whole post seems a bit wierd.
arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2007 at 1:03pm
Careful crossing the bridge...i smell a troll.

My two cents.
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
strawberiblonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote strawberiblonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 27 2007 at 11:44am
Originally posted by DaveDecker DaveDecker wrote:

It's a hairtyping methodology created by Fia, a one-time participant within other talk forums.

The "1a" means "stick straight"  1=straight, 2=wavy, 3=curly, 4=kinky.  The a/b/c designations are subcategories, so the progression is 1a, 1b, 1c, 2a, 2b, 2c, 3a, etc.

The "f" means "fine," "m" would be "medium," and "c" is "coarse."  It's a description of the thickness of individual strands.

The "ii" means ponytail circumference of between 2-4 inches.  "i" would be "less than 2 inches" and "iii" means "more than 4 inches."

Thanks, Dave!
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 30 2007 at 6:05pm
Is she going to shave her head with you if you do yours? If not then whats her agenda? If she is then go for it. I think it can lok extremely sexy, look at Natalie Portman for example. But be sure before you do as it will take a while to grow out. =)

Post some before and after pics if you do go for it.
Good luck
Snipette View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snipette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 15 2007 at 5:07am
So Nikki What happened?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic