Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

new hair growth thicker, curlier, unruly?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Anya View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Anya Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: new hair growth thicker, curlier, unruly?
    Posted: January 25 2007 at 11:01pm
Hello,
I have been growing my hair out and it is now down to about the middle of my back.  It has always been fine, and straight at the top and a little wavy at the ends.  On humid days I would get a few ringlets here and there but always staight at the roots.

I have been eating a healthy diet and don't know if this is what made a difference or not, but my hair has been growing in really thick, curly at the roots, and very unruly.  It is hard to even make a part.  It is also very frizzy.  Confused  I have always let my hair air dry.  If anyone can offer any advice on how to tame my roots or if they have heard of this happening before, please pass the info on to me.  Smile  I have added flax seed oil to my diet.  Would that make a difference??

Thanks!!
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 26 2007 at 8:58am
Hormones can play with your hair like this. Curly, frizzy hair needs a ton of moisture, so use a good heavy conditioner, mabye even mulptiple ones. Also, try oiling, it will help with frizz during the day.
 Flax seed is really good, as well as fish oil, any  essential fatty acids like this. I personally take fish oil in the morning and flax in the evening. They have a very wide array of health problems that they help with as well as skin and hair.
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic