Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

pre natal vitamins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
honeychild1000 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pre natal vitamins
    Posted: March 06 2007 at 11:07am

my best friend has shoulder l hair and she started taking pre natal vitamins and she is only a month and a bit into taking them and already her hair has grow about 2 inches!!!

how is this possible if she isnt pregnant??

what vitamins speed up hair growth??
xBritxBratx93x View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 06 2007 at 8:17pm
WOW! thats really amazing and I am glad they are working for her. Umm I am not really sure how they work but, I do know some vitamins that could speed up hair growth.

You could try Hair Formula 37, HAIRTOPIA, and plenty of Boitin.

You could also try to eat more protien drink water and cut out caffeine and sugar.

Some shampoos you could try are HF37, any Aussie products work wonders for me you might like to try them, and loreal kids for clarifying because silcones in the condtioners you use may build up.

Hope this helps a little OH an I just bought some Olive oil from my local grocery store and used it on my hair it works GREAT! It makes your hair extra soft.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:18pm
thanks for the info i will try and get the vitamins can you take these all together?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2007 at 10:53pm
I don't see any harm in not taking them, but you might want to talk to your doctor if you are taking any meds because I am not sure if these will interfere. I 'm pretty cure they dont but you never know!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:18am

no im not on medication i dont ever take vitamins or any supplements so i am hoping taking these will boost my hair length!
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:32am
I'm not trying to burst anyones bubble.But you will get the same effects with a daily vitamin or one meant for hair and nail growth.These prenatals have alot of stuff in them.If you see or hear about women who are pregnant getting faster and stronger hair growth it has nothing to do with the prenatals.Its because of the increased hormones.I'm just saying all this because taking too much of vitamins you dont need can have bad effects on your body.I know,its happened to me before.Prenatals have vitamins in high doses so the mother can share adequately with her baby.Like I said you will get better results for pills meant for what your trying to do.Prenatals arent a magic hair growth pill.Good luckSmile
The growth your friend experienced is normal especially when your young.My hair goes through periods when it grows a little faster.

Edited by Longhairdreams - March 08 2007 at 11:35am

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:43am
thanks for the advise im not going to try pre natal vitamins but i am going to try the hairtopia as i have heard a lot of good reviews

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:44am
thnx Longhairdreams for the info!

I wasnt really sure about all the vitamins because I am planning to only use HF37 vitamins and maybe some boitin. I dont know anything about prenatal vitamins lol.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:34am
It can also be dangerous.Pre-natal vitamins have alot of extra vitamins one person doesnt need.Like,too much iron can be really bad for you and do liver damage.
Take it from someone who knows.When I was pregnant,i didnt see any harm in still taking them 3 months after I had my daughter.Then when i had a check up,was told I had too many of certain vitamins and could be doing organ damage if I didnt stop.
Always,always talk to a doctor before starting something like this.
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:42am
Thanks for backing me up Julesyjul88Smile.I would hate to see people get sick from something like prenatals.
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 8:33am
I agree with longhair dreams and Julesyjul88 about to many vitamins. Although I was told to continue taking my prenatal for as long as I nursed my babies.
I currently take HF37 and am having amazing results.There was a thread brfore where we talked about it. At this growth rate I think I will be back to my waist much sooner than I thought.  

Edited by Alisa06 - March 09 2007 at 8:34am
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 2:39pm
alisa has your hair always grown fast? and how many inches a month are you seeing since taking the vitamins?

thanks
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 3:05pm
actually, my hair usually grows pretty slowly. At the moment is is slowing down because I have not been very faithful about taking the vitamins.I don't know how much is is growing monthly, but... When it was cut I measured it and it was at 19 on the sides and 22 in the back. I measured this morning and it is now at 31 1/2 in the back, and 22 1/2 on the sides. This is after I have been triming the back every now and then to try to get the V shape to be not as extreme.  
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honeychild1000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 6:56pm
oh my gosh wow thats amazing you must be soo happy how long did it take for you to see an change?

i have never taken hair vitamins or any other kind of vitamins so i hope when i start i will see some improvement as soon as i get paid i will be buying some its just a shame as i live in the uk i cant get hairtopia or hf37 over here

Edited by honeychild1000 - March 09 2007 at 7:01pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:08pm
WOW!!!! Alisa I am soooooo jealous : )) I can't wait until I purchase the HF37 vitamins. I am a little skeptical about buying them because a lady told me when she bought them they were too big to swallow and it made her throat sore. Is this true?
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:20am

This is a common misconception. While a woman is pregnant, she will experience less fall-out (the number of hairs you lose each day) due to changes in hormone levels. During the 9 months, the hair might seem thicker, etc.. But after pregnancy, when the hormones return to previous levels, a woman might experience excessive fall-out for a while.....the hair that didn't fall out during those 9 months is falling out now.

Some people connect all of this to prenatal vitamins. But it's the changes in hormones, not the vitamins, that accounts for the changes in the hair.

Taking prenatals is not necessarily a bad thing. My wife has a prescription for prenatal vitamins from her doctor, even though she is not pregnant (and we're done having children). Both her "regular" doctor and her "female" doctor believe that prenatal vitamins are better than a regular multi-vitamin at this stage in her life. I agree that one should not take prenatal AND multivitamins at the same time. Also, one should check with their doctor prior to taking prenatal vitamins.
julesyjul88 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote julesyjul88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 3:00pm
Yw longhairdreamsWinkI dont want anyone getting sick either.

Alisa06,it is ok to take them while nursing cuz you still need the extra vitamins.When this happend to me I was no longer nursing,so i didnt need them.

I just wanted to add that taking a regular vitamin can be just as helpful to hair.Exspecailly BIOTIN.
It also says on this site that SOY helps hair grow (because it has lots of protein in it) I have started drinking soy milk a couple times a week to aid in hair growth. One recent study suggested that soy actually helps with hair loss. There theory is that it blocks the body from creating DHT,the male hormone responsible for hair loss.Alot of Asian people eat soy and not many asian men are bald...

Edited by julesyjul88 - March 10 2007 at 3:07pm
Alisa06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alisa06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 7:34pm
I have always taken a multi vitamin, and other health supplements.My husband calls me a health nut.  SO when I started takin HF37, I was a little nervous.I thought it might not work for me because I am already taking a vitamin and ext. It is basically a combination of certain vitamins, and  mega amino acids. I was taking aminos before, but these are in some cases three times as much.

As far as the pills being to big, I don't think so. I take one a day women and I don't think there is any difference in size. But some people might not be able to take pills.

Hf37 also has jazzed up my energy levels. I am always tired, and have alot of problems with energy, but with HF37, I feel really good. Weel, as long I can remember to take it . LOL 

Edited by Alisa06 - March 10 2007 at 7:35pm
Alisa06
2c-3a ciii
I want my hair back!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote xBritxBratx93x Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 10:30pm
Thanks Alisa for the helpful info!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic