Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vee6390 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vee6390 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUGGESTIONS PLEASE
    Posted: March 08 2007 at 11:08pm
Hello everyoneBig%20smile

My name is Veronica and I'm 17 years old.  I was just wondering if someone had a suggestion on how I can change my hair. I find it to be very boring & want a change.  I've been thinking of cutting it all off into a very short pixie, but if anyone has any other suggestions that you think would look nice on me, I would appreciate them.  Here is a picture of me, not a very good one of my hair but I only wanted to show you the color and texture.  It's about 2 inches from my waist now.  And please don't suggest layers, an angle, or bangs because I've had all of those.  THANK YOU !

Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 7:04am
Well, without layers or bangs, you are pretty much going to have a one length blunt cut, though your length may vary.  (A good style, I kept mine that way for years, and its still like that except I now have bangs).  You are a pretty girl, you can do anything you like with your hair and look good.  You are on the long hair forum here, so none of the usual members, including me, are going to tell you a pixie is better!  But, you should do what you want, I think you will look good in any style you choose.

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 11:02am

Are you just tired of your hair?  Maybe you could try learning some new ways to style it.  If you don't want bangs or layers, your hair will pretty much look the same unless you go really short (like a pixie).  Like Susan, I will not encourage you to do that by any means! 

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 12:44pm
      A lady friend of mine showed up at work with a pixie wig. She is talented enough to make it look almost real! No, it did not look *better* than her shoulder length platinum hair, but it was a fun change for her.
     Now, Vee, my wife has hip-length brown hair with a few silvers, and I'd never suggest coloring *her* hair, but I honestly think that reddish-brown locks would look ravishing on *you*. Of course, I'm someone who virtually always  hates to see long hair cut, and I'm with you, if you're implying that layers in straight fine hair often look abysmal without styling. But boredom, even with beautiful hair such as yours, leads to chops! Maybe you can wear it up for a few weeks or a month; then to see it long again would seem fresh. Blessings, Bob Big%20smile
SpecialKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SpecialKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 1:38pm
Ooooh, you have pretty hair. I agree with Hairbraider - if you can learn some new up-styles (braids, buns, etc) that would definitely change the look of your hair without cutting it all off. There are some good websites out there with instructions for braiding, buns, etc.
lola32 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lola32 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 4:55pm
I agree with hairbraider and special kitty . I think you should find new hairstyles . Don't cut it I'm sure you'll miss it .
Longhairdreams View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longhairdreams Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 09 2007 at 5:45pm
Your hair looks pretty,and it looks to suit you long.

Just think of all the things you can do with it now.Messy buns,high ponytails,braids,braid waves.If you cut your hair too short you will be limiting how you can style your hair.I know,mines currently just above my shoulders.What i wouldnt do to be able to wear a messy bun.Good luck with whatever you decide.
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 12:28pm
Repeating myself, (I've posted comments to you within several fora):

You are pretty as you are.  How about a side-part, and wearing one side or the other in front of your shoulders?  Some people talk of wearing cute little hair accessories such as pins or clips, which can help keep the hair out of your eyes.

I'll add here that I agree with Longhairdreams, with length you have much more versatility than you would with short.

gypsydoll View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gypsydoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2007 at 9:01pm

Vee6390,

I struggle with the very same feeling as you.  I had a very bad motorcycle accident a few years ago and have gained weight since then.  My face has gotten very round now and I feel that my hair doesn't frame my face attractively anymore.  I also get BORED with the same style every day. I came VERY close to cutting it off after more than 20 years of it long.

Here's what I do....

like Dave said, part on different sides...middle, right, left, zig-zag

and braid, braid, braid.... french braid, half-drape, tiny braids near your face, tiny braids along your part, corn-rolls, little braids into big braids, twists into braids, wrap a tiny braid around your pony tail, start a half-drap at your part and follow the crown around to the nape of your neck, just try to think of something different every week to do with it.

then try some different barrettes, ties, and other fancy things.

One thing I did do, that I suggest you try NOT to do, is I colored my hair.  I made sure I conditioned well and took care of it.  And it did keep me from cutting it off.  But I ended up back with my natural color in the end.

What's great about long hair, you can wear it different every single day!  Short hair, you're stuck with that one style until it grows out.  not quite as versatile as you think!

Edited by gypsydoll - March 10 2007 at 9:03pm
Jen, (1a/f/ii)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic