Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do-it-yourself Updo???? Help!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Kate View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do-it-yourself Updo???? Help!
    Posted: March 07 2001 at 9:01pm
Hey everyone. In a few weeks I`ll be going to my boyfriends formal at college. He is four hours away, and I`ll be spending all day with him before I even start getting ready for that night. So I need to do something glamorus to my hair...I just have no Idea what. I have very thick hair that is a few inches past my shoulders. Last time (I went to one of these before) I used hot curlers to make it relaly curly and full. I don`t want to do the same thing twice. Does anyone have any suggestions that aren`t to hard for me to do? Thanks!!!
<3 Kate
Emmy View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Emmy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 10 2001 at 12:34pm
Reply to message: 12.204.1
quote:

Kate originally wrote:
Hey everyone. In a few weeks I'll be going to my boyfriends formal at college. He is four hours away, and I'll be spending all day with him before I even start getting ready for that night. So I need to do something glamorus to my hair...I just have no Idea what. I have very thick hair that is a few inches past my shoulders. Last time (I went to one of these before) I used hot curlers to make it relaly curly and full. I don't want to do the same thing twice. Does anyone have any suggestions that aren't to hard for me to do? Thanks!!!
<3 Kate

KAte,

Hey there. I know this feeling. My hair is about the same length as yours and I love to put it up and have never gone anywhere to have it done for a prom or formal during college. My hairstylist showed me a couple of ways to do my hair up that are pretty simple and only take about 10 minutes. I suggest trying them at home before your date.
The first one to try is very easy, I do it quite a bit. Just pull your hair into a ponytail at the top of the crown, a loose ponytail. If you like to leave some of your hair down in front, then style it first before you put up your hair. Once its up in the ponytail divide your hair into five pieces with bobipins. Then with each piece twist it out straight and then take the very end and tuck it by the ponytail holder with a bobipin. do it with all five pieces so that they wrap around your entire ponytail in a circle. then you can bobipin any extra pieces that are sticking out. This really gives a sweepy look that can be really "fluffy" if you want it to be, just pull the pieces out a bit and hairspray the heck out of it. make sure the bobipins are secure, but the neat thing about this is you could fix it at anytime in the night if a piece comes loose from dancing or whatever else.
Another one to try is to get a pretty barette that is really big, big enought to hold all of your hair. You can brush your hair down and pull together at the back of the neck. then take the hair and twist it around and pull it up towards the top of the head. then take you barette and fix it in place around the crown. If you want to you can curl your hair in curlers before you do this, and then when your hair is up the pieces left out at the top are all curly and you can fasten them in place with bobipins. this also looks really nice.
Hope i helped. good luck. Emmy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic