Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maria Sharapova - Shorter?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maria Sharapova - Shorter?
    Posted: August 28 2007 at 10:49am
Is her hair inching shorter and shorter? 

Edited by Hal - August 28 2007 at 10:50am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 2:50pm
Would be interesting to see it from the back.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 3:06pm
     Dead Hoo Boy! With Maria's muscular build, her hair is already waaaa....yyyy too short. And, she's really ruined it with sloppy layering, even if it is a tad longer in the back. She has gone from super-hot to uninspiring rapidly, at least from this guy's standpoint. Sleepy Bob
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 3:32pm
Can't agree with you there Bob.  Maria has thin hair, not like that other tennis "player" from Russia.  As a result, longer hair looks more stringy on her (IMO).  This is a good length for her, and the hair looks in good shape.  I sure she is more concerned with her tennis game than how long her hair is.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 3:44pm
I did a google image search and never realized her hair was ever that long before but it was.  Though I have to agree about her thin hair and the stringy look to it.
Desmond View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Desmond Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 6:20pm
She possibly might even get a few more inches cut off in the future....

http://www.insidetennis.com/0907_sharapova.html has an interview and basically she says she likes to change her hair and could go shorter.
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 6:30pm
Nice link Dennis. Thanks.
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 7:43pm
That's too bad she wants to have her hair that short. Her hair looked very nice when she first came onto the scene. I think she looked a lot better with long hair than she does now.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2007 at 10:39pm
Oh, Maria could make her hair "thicker looking" when she wanted to:

And, really, what's wrong with long thin hair anyway? It surely worked for Maria. And thinner hair still makes a wonderful ponytail.

kensrs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kensrs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 4:33am
Heath View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heath Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 9:12am
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

Oh, Maria could make her hair "thicker looking" when she wanted to:

Aren't extensions great? Everyone can have thick hair.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2007 at 3:36pm
     Confused Well, it looks like a LOT more than 4" cut to me. For years, Maria had very light layers in her fine hair. Now, the layers are severe, and *would* prove counterproductive to an immediate grow-out. I do not believe that any of Kramer's photos featured extensions. My question is if Maria can't successfully grow long tresses, why did they look so phenomenal on her?
     She is young, pretty, insanely wealthy and prodigiously talented. She doesn't need long hair. But as a non-tennis fan, I simply won't be watching her matches now. I'm sure she'll survive. 
     For the record, I thought that Monica Seles looked terrific in her pixie before that fiend cut short her career. But IMO, for Maria, short is anathema to "hot".  Best, Bob  Smile  
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 7:39am
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

But IMO, for Maria, short is anathema to "hot".  Best, Bob  Smile  

Please explain?  So if long hair makes her hot, then is it fair to say the shorter her hair gets, the less hot she is?  If thats true, she's not really hot at all but her hair once was? 

Would anyone really watch a tennis match simple because one of the players has a long ponytail?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 30 2007 at 4:11pm
     LOL Hal, I know *plenty* of women for whom lengthy tresses *make* them hot. Now, Maria S. would be attractive even with a Mohawk. She has nice features. But Maria is very muscular and broad-shouldered, and the hair softens her and adds heaps to her femininity. Same goes for Cory Everson and Jenna Jameson. *Even* if Maria had a slender physique, I believe that long hair would add significantly to her beauty.
     Yes, with RARE exceptions, I watch tennis only when there is a  braided or pony-tailed gal playing. That stops my clicker! It's a bonus when the match is interesting! (lol) Bob
Jared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 31 2007 at 3:08pm
Hey Bob, I have some good news there is still anna chakvetzadze. Go to theannachakvetadze.com and check out her gallery. Luckily, she has very long hair.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 12:59am
Thanks for the link, Jared. I would have guessed that this Anna was younger than her posted age, which is 20. She actually has ranked as high as sixth in the world. All in all, a great find.
jaw5 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaw5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 4:37pm
I hope she doesn't go as short as Victoria Beckham 
tommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September 01 2007 at 6:13pm
And I hope she does. Yes, she is tall and strong, but with very proportional silhouette and feminine body shape she would look wonderful sporting a short sophisticated bob like Posh. And at least differ from masses of blonde tennis players from Eastern Europe. So I hope she keeps cutting it up.
tommy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 2:15pm
And Maria's recent look is bangs. Personally I'm not convinced that it works for her, I'm rather sure she likes to change her hair but coy about cutting it short. Bangs makes her look Lisa-Kudrow-ish but who knows what's her next caprice. Perhaps a chin length do...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=z2vQ2Hz3vYY - video showing Maria's current hair

loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 27 2007 at 2:30pm
I like the bangs look.  I think it works well for her.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic