Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Developer volume for Wella Toners

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Developer volume for Wella Toners
    Posted: January 20 2008 at 3:53pm
If it turns out well I will order a few at a time.

I might have to do more bleaching before I use it. Always fun! lol
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 20 2008 at 2:12pm
the ratio of developer to color is actually 2:1, but it tells you on the bottle. that's too bad about shipping, maybe you should order a couple bottles at a time?

it's kind of hard to say how it will affect your golden tones... as far as i know it won't do much to them because they're not bleached to pale yellow.
my hair is a darker yellow underneath and the toner seemed to make it less yellow, but it didn't do a lot of lightening. so you may want to take that into consideration. a strand test never hurt!
Before/After toning with Wella

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 8:09pm
Thanks asiabo. I bought the White Lady and the 20 vol developer. That sucks that it only lasts a week or so, I can't get it on ebay and the shipping on Amazon to Australia was pretty expensive. :(

I'm guessing the ratio of colour to developer is 1:1?

Also, how will it affect my hair that's not as bleached (to pale yellow), will it still remove gold tones? I have multi-tone blonde highlights, is all.

<3
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 6:43pm
it's permanent up to a point - it's not going to fade as fast as born blodne toners are but it gives me a really nice white blonde for only about a week, sometimes a week and a half depending on how many times i wash.

in my experience, it works a lot better than semi-permanent toners at canceling out the yellow, which is why i'm assuming you want to use white lady in the first place the fact that you use this toner with a developer gives it that much more lift.

Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 6:16pm
Thankyou guys so much, you're so very helpful.

Thanks for the link bourne.blonde answered a lot of questions.

I just have one more though, lol. It says the colour charm is a permanent hair colour. Does this just mean the toning effects are permanent?
asiabo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote asiabo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 12:03pm
i use 20 v. as well with white lady -- clairol's pure white creme, and it works just fine.

Edited by asiabo - January 19 2008 at 12:04pm

borne.blonde View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote borne.blonde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 12:02pm
My Guess is Activator for semi-perm & 30, 20,10 Vol Dev. for Permanent haircolor & lighteners....  according to their website...

Found Here:
(maybe call or maybe someone here has tried both :)

http://www.wellausa.com/consumer/products_consumer/american_classics/color_charm_developer.jsp?http://www.liquidhair.com
r4ch3l View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote r4ch3l Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 10:53am
I suppose it'd be better to use the Wella brand of developer, but I never have. I just use 'Salon Care' (the sort of generic brand they sell at sally), and I use 20 vol.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 3:32am
or this?
http://www.amazon.com/Wella-Color-Charm-Creme-Developer/dp/B000WPUH1A/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1200733183&sr=8-5

Embarrassed
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 3:20am
Ooo, does this.. http://www.amazon.com/Wella-Color-Charm-Activating-Lotion/dp/B0002Z92ZM/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1200657857&sr=8-1

go with this?
http://www.amazon.com/Wella-Color-Charm-T18-White/dp/B000CSYYZM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1200657854&sr=8-1

once again, sorry for the dumb question.
Ally<3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ally<3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 19 2008 at 3:04am
I'm about to buy a Wella toner, and I see that it doesn't come with a developer. I was wondering what volume I should use? And should it be from the Wella brand?

Thanks guys, I'm pretty clueless with toners.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic