Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Heidi Collins New Haircut

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Heidi Collins New Haircut
    Posted: March 07 2008 at 7:32am
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 7:36am
I guess I never realized it before... she is just not very pretty is she?
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:37am
Wow another bob. The short hair lovers get on us about long hair. Please can someone tell me why this cut is so great?
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 8:57am
I do think this cut is an improvement from how it's been since she grew out her pixie. For quite a long time it seemed to just hang there limply, and never seemed styled or cut quite right. At least now it has more of a definite shape and the layers seem better aligned. And it's the bob everyone is trying, so I guess she has to try it.

My preference is she'd return to a grown-out pixie, but I still think this is an improvement.
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 10:10am
Don't like it: too teacherish.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 10:45am
She's beautiful no matter what -- and generally has the best short hair styles among all the newsbabes in my book -- but this is one style that looks better from the side than the front.

I find it kind of strange that Heidi seemed content growing her hair out for seemingly a couple years and now has had four haircuts in the last few months.

Other than that, I've said more than enough in previous posts about Heidi. So, Hal, you know where to look.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by Kramer Kramer wrote:

I find it kind of strange that Heidi seemed content growing her hair out for seemingly a couple years and now has had four haircuts in the last few months.

Kramer to be as smart as I know you are you say some of the oddest things sometimes.... You answer your own question... she grew it out and now she wants to change it??????  

Even with my room temp IQ I can firgure out that one... I can't spell but I know in nearly all cases when a woman cut her hair... ready for this one - IT'S BECAUSE SHE WANTS TOO!!!!!!! 
texdillo View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texdillo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 1:59pm
I generally like this style, not sure if it's the best for Heidi. I think it would look better taking the sides up an inch or so. The length matching her jaw line makes her face look really long. Bringing it up to about lip lenght or just below the ear and it might look better.

I agree it looks better from the side.      
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 2:45pm
Well I love that type of cut.  Shorter in the back and slightly longer in the front.  I generally like the front part no longer than chin length.  It is just so sexy to me.
That second pic of Heidi looks like it was doctored to me - either that or she has a funny neck.
hes40 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hes40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 3:07pm
I did a screen capture from the Podcast from yesterday. That's how it came out.
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 07 2008 at 9:32pm
Loveshorthair, you must be in style heaven these days, because everywhere I go, every woman - and it really does seem like every woman at times - who has anything in the proximity of a bob, seems now to have that style with the shorter back.

I like it more than a standard bob, though it varies quite a bit by individual. Some versions look daring and sexy and playful and totally alluring. Others look like the woman backed into a weed whacker, and I think to myself, if it weren't behind their head and they could see this hack job, they'd most certainly demand a refund.

The ones I like most tend to be those with the smallest, least-severe angle (and the least amount of hair awkwardly hanging down their neck, flapping in the breeze).
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 08 2008 at 12:22pm
Yes, I am enjoying the latest craze but agree there are some BAD ones out there.  I know I could cut better than many of them.
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 07 2008 at 2:25pm
Who has more fun than people?
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 4:19pm
I'm glad she's back on the air, but a bit bummed she has the same hair!
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 5:46pm
I truly detest this "style".
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 08 2008 at 6:30pm
"Detest" is a pretty strong word. I detest war and smoking and drugs -- stuff that matters in my mind. If I had my choice, Heidi would have longer hair, but she's definitely the prettiest shorter-haired newsbabe in my book. Before you condemn her hairstyle, I recommend you watch her on CNN some day. She's adorable in just about any hairstyle -- this one included.
Who has more fun than people?
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 6:23am
she's one of my favorite's and i like this style but,in the first pic her face looks alittle too long for this style maybe alittle more length would be a good thing

Edited by shortvslong - June 09 2008 at 6:24am
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 09 2008 at 10:37pm
I have often watched her live on CNN--and yes, I still detest it. It really isn't a style at all. I'd say she has created something new here! As for using "detest"--perhaps we shouldn't use the word "love" either? (as in: "I really "love" this style").
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 8:04am

Can't go with detest because to me its not that much worse than any other style she's had.  Now if at some point she had really great hair then went to this current look.. I would detest it.

fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 10 2008 at 9:28am
Let's get this straight! I'm the one that detests it---I'm not asking anyone else to detest it too!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic