Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Maria Bartiromo - Much Shorter

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Maria Bartiromo - Much Shorter
    Posted: March 12 2008 at 2:53pm
I just caught a quick look at her on CNBC and I think she has cut her hair to the top of her shoulders... if so... the stlye is not very good... sort of Ann Cury bobish but set on hot rollers.

Edited by Hal - March 12 2008 at 2:59pm
Rocky View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rocky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 5:44pm
It seems the "Money Honey" has lost a little something besides a few inches of hair.  Yikes!  She looks scary!

Bank%20Skank

Edited by Rocky - March 12 2008 at 5:45pm
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 6:05pm
     Oh brother, another "corporate" bob! All the wonks cheer yet again. Dead Bob  
Curlyfan View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlyfan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 12 2008 at 6:20pm
Not sure she did herself any favors with this one. She basically seems to have returned to the short bland bob style she had before she started growing it out and got bangs. Definitely lost something off her sexiness quotient. I don't mind cutting it short, but maybe a style that's a bit more interesting?
Your hair is your best accessory; wear it with STYLE!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 10:44am
I agree with you all what a bad cut.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 13 2008 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

Oh brother, another "corporate" bob! All the wonks cheer yet again. Dead Bob  

Exactly what "wonks" are you referring to?  I don't like the look, it's too "helmet" like.
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:07am

SS-------as one wonk to another...  thanks for saving me the trouble of asking the same question?

arch94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arch94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 7:33pm
Guess that makes me a wonk too???
We all know what opinions are like...and I've got both!
conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:48pm
I prefer Mr. Wonk!
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:12am
You know people that call others wonks, I bet they are like the dumb a$$es that go to a football game, sit in the home stands, cheer like crazy for the other team and wonders why every one around them hates their guts!

Bobs you hate to see anyone do anything but grow their hair.. why do you come here soo much?  Just to cheer against the home team?  Just to piss off everyone?
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 16 2008 at 3:15pm
     Hi Hal. Hope you're having a great day! And I root for my home team so hard that I sometimes risk a stroke. I'm don't wish to concern you, though.
     On subject, my idea of a wonk is a man or woman who sees things through a corporate or legalistic lens. You can scour America, and observe that the women anchors at local stations have hairstyles that deviate not a whit from "accepted" professional levels. A woman may go as short as pixie, a crop for Black women, or as long as shoulder blades. This seems to be the length where the execs start getting *really* nervous! (lol)
     Anyway, it would be silly to say that anyone who has a preference for short hair is a wonk. I *love* Jenny McCarthy and Patricia Arquette with bobs. And, I posted a thread about Emma De Caunes months ago in which I raved about her bobbed hair in "Mr. Bean's Holiday".
     Usually, I am all about long and super long hair, of course, but there are exceptions. Big%20smile Later, Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 17 2008 at 7:12am
I caught her on the Today show this morning and like her cut much better.  She does this weird thing with her hair, she did it when it was long and now that is short.  Maybe she over "waxes" it or gel or something, it just looks like she needs to run a brush through it!

So Bob.. if you were a TV exec you would be a long hair Wonk?

Oh and as for her wearing a "corporate" bob... you be more correct to call it an American bob as some version of that style is worn be the majority of women these days...

Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:00pm
     If I were an exec, Hal, I'd probably be fired in rapid order, b/c I'm not a yes man. Of course, I would hire only stylists who respected a woman's wish to have long hair. LOL Cordially, Bob
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 1:40pm
And you might be shocked to find most of those women wish to NOT have long hair... I amazed once again to how you seem to assume these anchors are made to cut their hair???????
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 4:34pm
     I work in a non-corporate environment, Hal, and a good third of the women, many over 40, have shoulder blade or longer hair. Stunning locks, in most cases. I believe that women in career jobs would have hair preferences in about the same proportion as any other group of women. I suspect that either subtle or overt pressure keeps the hair shorter.
     To me, the idea that a professional woman with long hair cannot be respected by males in her job is outdated, and absurd. Many times I've read articles that spouted this nonsense, so I know that this thinking exists. But Hal, just be grateful for all the extra shorties! Bob Sleepy
HAWG View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HAWG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 9:37pm
From today, looking better than back on the 12th

Edited by HAWG - March 19 2008 at 9:39pm
HAWG
Kramer View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 19 2008 at 10:41pm
Anybody remember when she looked like this in 2000?

I did not.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 5:05am
I thought her bob looked better also lately.  Wow, I think the short hair pic is her best look
Hal View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 7:23am
To your point Bob, about a 1/3 of TV news ladies have long hair so where is this subtle or overt pressure?  Why can you not admit you hate it when any woman cuts her hair PERIOD!!!!!!!!  No one makes a woman cut her hair they do it because they want too!  No right wing conspiracy. No locks of love campain to rid the world of hair, just the choices of woman to have something other than long, past their should blades hair!

Most women have less than shoulder blade hair BECAUSE THEY WANT TOO!!!!!!!! And no amount of your whinning will change that!

conrad View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote conrad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 20 2008 at 8:05am
I think the shorter pick is her best look by far!  I give it 2 yummies!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic