Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HB Administrator Karen Shelton

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HB Administrator Karen Shelton
    Posted: March 18 2008 at 6:50am
i spoke with Karen who seems very cool, she's a young woman that founded and created HB and she's only about 28 y/o i believe. I told her that we kind of moved in here.. LOL and she really like what we've done with the place and especially the lf information. She's a licensed to do hair, and braiding hair, and has taken classes on lacefronts too.. I think that's great..anyway she shared with me that she might consider making this the lace front section.. Not a promise mind you, but she is very much aware of the trend of lacefronts. So i'd thought i share with you about who's board we landed on.. and i just think its great to have a woman that interested in what interest us..

at this time we are trying not to make any changes with the board while we test new board software to migrate to that will have more security and better features.  We are hoping to have that finished in the next two weeks.

At that time (when we migrate to the
new software) we can more easily evaluate making a change to the wig forum as you have suggested.  Right now we are having some challenges with the current board software because it is aging quickly and we are trying to get onto a new and more efficient platform.

Thank you for adding all your info.  I agree with lacefront wigs as a growing interest.  I went to a braiding academy to get my braiding license and took several classes on
lace front wigs.  I appreciate the info you have posted.  It is right on.
mzjrdn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mzjrdn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:08am
Good I was wondering why wasnt there a section...I was really lost at first. Thanks Sexi
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:13am
cuz probably when created lf were NOT popular..
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:18am
Thanks for reaching out to her Sexi.  She was probably wondering why this section became so hot all of a sudden and why so many people just moved in.  new
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:31am
Originally posted by PrincessLF PrincessLF wrote:

Thanks for reaching out to her Sexi.  She was probably wondering why this section became so hot all of a sudden and why so many people just moved in.  new

welll i'm pretty impressed that she's a young white women that went that extra mile to learn about black hair, and wears her own hair in braids..
chyna_li View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chyna_li Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 7:36am
now see this is def. what's up. all across this board.
Divavocals View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Divavocals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:10am
Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

welll i'm pretty impressed that she's a young white women that went that extra mile to learn about black hair, and wears her own hair in braids..
What's really cool is her hair is down to her butt.. Now how cool would that look in braids?!

Karen is MAD cool.. and I love this forum because she works her ass off to make this a nice peaceful place to be.. She doesn't tolerate trolls or other nonsense here, and it keeps this place a pleasant place to be.. That's why I've always hung here in addition to BHM & HE101..

I've said this before, and it bears repeating I think.. One thing I like about this community is that Karen has always been willing to address the communities needs and creates forums according to those needs.. When the Hip Hop and 360 communities expressed their needs, Karen responded to those needs.. The Hip Hop and 360 communities here are HUGE, and active.. So I have NO DOUBT that if the community needs change here, that she will respond in kind..

There was no specific lacefront section on this board because frankly until all you divas moved in, this section of the boards was kinda a slow section.. So stick around ladies.. Karen Shelton really is a cool as she seems..

Edited by Divavocals - March 18 2008 at 9:11am
Senegalese View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Senegalese Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:34am

Good looking out Sexi, and thanks Karen for making this board a place where we can turn to to solve our LF issues and just interact with people.

Curlygirl11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Curlygirl11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by Divavocals Divavocals wrote:

Originally posted by sexibeach sexibeach wrote:

What's really cool is her hair is down to her butt.. Now how cool would that look in braids?!

Karen is MAD cool.. and I love this forum because she works her ass off to make this a nice peaceful place to be.. She doesn't tolerate trolls or other nonsense here, and it keeps this place a pleasant place to be.. That's why I've always hung here in addition to BHM & HE101..

I've said this before, and it bears repeating I think.. One thing I like about this community is that Karen has always been willing to address the communities needs and creates forums according to those needs.. When the Hip Hop and 360 communities expressed their needs, Karen responded to those needs.. The Hip Hop and 360 communities here are HUGE, and active.. So I have NO DOUBT that if the community needs change here, that she will respond in kind..

There was no specific lacefront section on this board because frankly until all you divas moved in, this section of the boards was kinda a slow section.. So stick around ladies.. Karen Shelton really is a cool as she seems..

WOW! This is REALLY good to hear. She sounds like a progressive thinker. Okay, sistas everybody yell at once...GO! GO! WOMAN POWER !!!!! cheer
Unladylikediva View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Unladylikediva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 10:09am
Thanks Karen...we definately appreciate the peaceful atmosphere, here on HairBoutique, you are definately on ur P's & Q's.  Also thanks for taking in all of us, (BHM Refugees).dance2
Breh View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Breh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 12:16pm

Yeah, I really love the siter hood here and the drama free atmosphere. Thanks Karen, and thanks Sexi for looking out.

charron08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote charron08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 1:38pm

great idea!...

Samria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Samria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:06pm
Thank You Sexi, once again your helping all of us. Miracles and Blessings to us all. Clap
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 2:29pm
Thanks Sexi!
cmesweet View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cmesweet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 3:04pm
Karen is great. I remember to get clarification and examples of hairtypes she posted the question and allowed us to give input.  She is very calm and her hair is beautiful.
Celie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 3:13pm
Well, that is cool.  And you ladies know that you are all very welcomed to my Board which is focused soley on women who wear LFs.
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 3:15pm

Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

Well, that is cool.  And you ladies know that you are all very welcomed to my Board which is focused soley on women who wear LFs.

we love you celie.. hooray

Celie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:30pm
Thank you sweetie. Now, can you get me a curly from Jacksun? 
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 4:34pm
Originally posted by Celie Celie wrote:

Thank you sweetie. Now, can you get me a curly from Jacksun? 

you know i can girlpower
Celie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Celie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 18 2008 at 5:57pm
Well, I have been trying to get his stock list for 2 days.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic