Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Kinky straight

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Kinky straight
    Posted: April 08 2008 at 8:36am
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

MassGal,

Thank you so much for showing me your unit after perming!  How long did you leave the relaxer on?  I do not want to lose too much kinkiness or it really defeats the purpose for me.

Thank you so much again before I made my attempt.

It turned out great for you!

The whole process  ( 2 steps) took less than 10 minutes. Maybe if you leave it on for a shorter time or dont smooth the hair as much you can keep some of the pattern. I think we used mild strength.

I know what you mean, I love the pattern but while Iloved the unit I got --it  was just too much to tame--I looked like that wild kid from  the movie Mad Max.

Next time  I will look for a lighter density bc I did love the look.
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 08 2008 at 7:47am

MassGal,

Thank you so much for showing me your unit after perming!  How long did you leave the relaxer on?  I do not want to lose too much kinkiness or it really defeats the purpose for me.

Thank you so much again before I made my attempt.

It turned out great for you!

MassGal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MassGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:49pm
I know perming a unit isnt recommended but I could NOT tame mine --more than I could handle so I asked my friend/hairdresser to apply an Ogilve  mild relaxer on it--we left the roots, sides & top pretty much untouched bc I liked the pattern/texture of the hair--I wish I could handle the kinky straight
( maybe a lighter density next time?) but am happy with the outcome:

pw: kinkypermed
fotki:  http://public.fotki.com/MassGal/

Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 10:05am
Originally posted by LovelyLisa LovelyLisa wrote:

Sexi is absolutely correct.  My kinky got kinky with only using one product which was a light oil.

So after I washed and conditioned really well this weekend, I put in some leave in creme mousturizer and the hair is awesome. No oil needed and it looks natural and nice.

I refuse to do a bleach bath because I don't want my kinky to be lifeless.

I am tired of flat ironing each morning, so at my next install Ima try to add a little relaxer and leave on for about 2 to 3 minutes just so I can control the puff in humid weather.

Nothing but rain here in B'more.

Hey girl i used a product called simple stylin which is a light silicon spray..someone on here recommended it. i used it while i flat ironed it..didnt mess up my unit at all...also when i first got my ks it was allllooot of hair..i used SM on the unit..wash and conditioned it...let it sit in a baggie for about 5 hrs..all i can say is it tamed it alot...and it wasnt 1/2 as kinky after that SM sat on it...just a thought....
LovelyLisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovelyLisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 07 2008 at 9:04am
Sexi is absolutely correct.  My kinky got kinky with only using one product which was a light oil.

So after I washed and conditioned really well this weekend, I put in some leave in creme mousturizer and the hair is awesome. No oil needed and it looks natural and nice.

I refuse to do a bleach bath because I don't want my kinky to be lifeless.

I am tired of flat ironing each morning, so at my next install Ima try to add a little relaxer and leave on for about 2 to 3 minutes just so I can control the puff in humid weather.

Nothing but rain here in B'more.
Heaven_lei View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heaven_lei Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 06 2008 at 1:01am
Well all i can say is i used SM on my kinky straight from holly and OMG its wonderful..im waiting on my maxiglide. I just ordered it today and i cant wait til it gets here..in the meantime after the first wash it already is showing promising taming since when i first took it out of the bag..SM does wonders..hth!
Lacygirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lacygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 05 2008 at 9:00pm
Sedu flat iron works great also
nola06 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nola06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 7:18pm
Man!! Maxiglide??? Shoot, I just returned mine that I bought from Home Shopping Network back in the fall. I had not yet heard of lace fronts and it felt clumsy in my hands. Hmmm, might have to re-order when I get a lace front that fits me. So far, the stock wigs I ordered have been too small. I was hoping to post pictures but the darn thing doesn't fit. Ugggghhh!!! Back to the drawing board!! Being a newbie sucks sometimes!!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 4:43pm
Originally posted by DonnaB63 DonnaB63 wrote:

Hey Sexi, this is where you moved to!  Miss your posts, gurlWink
Like you, I ust the MaxiGlide because of the teeth and the steam.  I have thrown others out because they can't do what the MaxiGlide does and without all the damage. 

HEY DONNA GIRL YOU ARE A SIGHT FOR SORE EYES, LOL YES I HAD TO RELOCATED.. I'M SO GLAD TO SEE YOU THO.. LOL
DonnaB63 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DonnaB63 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 15 2008 at 4:35pm
Hey Sexi, this is where you moved to!  Miss your posts, gurlWink
Like you, I ust the MaxiGlide because of the teeth and the steam.  I have thrown others out because they can't do what the MaxiGlide does and without all the damage. 
PrincessLF View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PrincessLF Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 10:06am
Sexi, for a kinky straight, would you recommend the maxiglide over Chi?  I have both, but I've been using my Chi more so than the maxiglide.
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:51am
I have to really get one because I love the flat iron look, but don't want the damage that comes with it!  Thanks girl!
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:29am
Originally posted by Shonita24 Shonita24 wrote:

Have you ever used a maxi glide sexi?

YES I LOVE IT VERY MUCH.. you don't need the product b/c the steam burst some shine and moisture in the hair shaft.. they have mini glide which is smaller and its not as hard to handle.. some think the maxi is bigger and you need to adjust to handling it, but i don't think so.. it has the little combs that grips the hair as you run it thru with the steam.. or it has flat exchangeable irons to put in there and still use the steam... i brought min'es on ebay for a very reasonable price..
Shonita24 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonita24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:26am
Have you ever used a maxi glide sexi?
sexibeach View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexibeach Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 9:17am
the thing is most think alot of products are necessary when its not.. b/c it causes build up and then eventually tangles the hair..the main thing is keeping it clean and moisturized and possible while wet and air dying use some silion spray, and also i would even do a wrap and tie it up at night time when wearing it to make sure it lays flat the next day..

some use flat irons i'm not with using heat on any lf hair b/c its no longer attached to the follicle and in order to get a long life span its best not to put heat on it.. but if you do, i would suggest a maxi glide b/c it has steam that locks moisture into the hair shaft and it doesn't require any product when using it b/c of the steam..
NClady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NClady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 14 2008 at 8:56am
How do you tame a kinky straight???
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic