Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Mistaken Identity! (lol)

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mistaken Identity! (lol)
    Posted: June 17 2008 at 3:43pm
     Last weekend, my wife stopped at the fast-food joint where our 20 yr-old DD works. A male fellow employee saw them conversing, and immediately asked my daughter if  the two were *sisters*! Now, DW has 30 years on our girl, so both got a good laugh.
     "You're her Mom?" he asked incredulously. "I know where Linda gets her good looks from. And, don't you EVER cut that beautiful hair, Mom!" Gee, maybe those sporty short haircuts will have to wait a decade (or several). Anyway, her ego received a very healthy boost. I should be worried, if I was smart! (lol) LOL  Blessings, Bob
Susan W View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Susan W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 7:24am
Ha ha!  I bet that made her week! 

I have a "long hair making me look younger" story too!  I was at the doc the other day, and wearing my hair down. This is the same doc my hubby goes to, and the lady realized she had the wrong chart (she asked me what my name was because something made her suspect that wasn't my chart - turns out it was my husbands.  He doesn't have a common first name so it wouldn't be obvious to her that it was a guy's name).

So then she sticks me in the room and while I'm waiting I overheard her joking with the other nurses "I thought either that's the wrong chart or she's lying about her age!  It said 38 and she looks 28". 

I'm not 28, I'm 33, not all THAT far behind my hubby, but I'm happy I look 28!

Making metal barettes/concord clips hair safe, long hair style how to: http://alonghair.wordpress.com
hairbraider View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairbraider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 18 2008 at 12:06pm
That's awesome!  I always get told that I look way yonger, but I don't think it's my hair....... Confused

Originally posted by Bob S Bob S wrote:

I should be worried, if I was smart! (lol) LOL  

Reminds me of a scene from Pride and Prejudice.  The father tells the mother to take their daughters to the dance without him, then says maybe they should send them by themselves.  She is shocked and asks why.  He tells her that she is quite as pretty as they are and the new single young man may like her best.  lol

sarah
40 inches
did henna for the first time
click here to go to My Hair Space
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 19 2008 at 6:05pm
Great storys Cool
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 20 2008 at 8:41am

When my oldest son was 17, I had to sign for him at the hospital. The lady looked at me and said "Your his Mother?" "What were you, 2 when you had him?" lol. I did have long hair at the time.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic