Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Argh!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
30isthenewblack View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 30isthenewblack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 28 2008 at 9:16pm
Originally posted by Lengthygoal Lengthygoal wrote:

Well now that I've done some research I probably won't donate my hair but I know that I want to grow my hair just as long as I can but its going to be a struggle once I get out of college and begin a career as a businesswoman. Not sure what I will do now. Confused

I don't understand why people would ever think long hair is unprofessional when the majority of people with very long hair have a tendancy to braid their hair or put it up in a bun. You're at the start of your career & only you can decide whether you want to conform or work in an industry or for an employer where you are prided on your professionalism, work ethic and quality of work rather than the length of your hair.
www.30isthenewblack.com
Lengthygoal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lengthygoal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June 30 2008 at 10:35am
Originally posted by 30isthenewblack 30isthenewblack wrote:

Originally posted by Lengthygoal Lengthygoal wrote:

Well now that I've done some research I probably won't donate my hair but I know that I want to grow my hair just as long as I can but its going to be a struggle once I get out of college and begin a career as a businesswoman. Not sure what I will do now. Confused

I don't understand why people would ever think long hair is unprofessional when the majority of people with very long hair have a tendancy to braid their hair or put it up in a bun. You're at the start of your career & only you can decide whether you want to conform or work in an industry or for an employer where you are prided on your professionalism, work ethic and quality of work rather than the length of your hair.
I know that I wouldn't cut it any shorter than BSL but the idea of having knee length hair probably wouldn't work because of trying to get into a bun that would stay up good. But as my hair grows and I toy with it more than likely I'll keep growing it out.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic