Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Bit of an update...

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Hellfrozeover View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bit of an update...
    Posted: July 10 2008 at 6:21am
Okay so I've been misbehaving again as far as my hair goes.... since getting purple slices put in my hair back in November, I've used two non-peroxide semis and a permenant dark brown dye. I've also been heatstyling the hell out of my hair.

Funnily enough though, it's thicker and healthier than I remember it being in a long time and according to my mum, it's just three inches off of my waist at the back!

Current regime:

Washing every four days to a week with Tresseme shampoo and conditioner, sometimes leaving it to dry naturally in a bun, sometimes blowdrying and then straightening it and using Tressemme and Trevor Sorbie protectants. Every night after it's been washed, I add a little Bhringraj oil, more at the ends and less at the roots.

Current thickness is five inches around so it's getting back to normal after my hairloss, length is 27inches and my fringe is collargone length. Hoping to hit waistlength by ChristmasSmile.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 2:55pm
     Thanks for the update, HFO. Could your "misbehaving" mean having fun? There is no sense for anyone to grow her one's if there is little or no pleasure involved in the process. For some, the excitement is in the growing itself, but others need to spice things up. Hey, I've seen streaked and multi-colored lengthy locks which were sensational. So, whatever works for you. Congrats, Bob Big%20smile 
fatmoogas View Drop Down
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fatmoogas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 10 2008 at 3:47pm
Purple slices sound great--any photos?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 11 2008 at 3:46pm

Bob - Yeah I'm definately having fun with it now! When I was losing hair(hormonal thing), I had pretty bad recision at the front and a lot of areas at the back and sides that only grew a few inches and looked terrible. Now it's all growing, I can play with updos and colour. I don't know what's next on the plan though.

fatmoogas - I don't because the slices were meant to be red and I was pretty miffed about the purple outcome and avoided that. The red semi dye came very quickly afterwards and now I've got an allover brown one in.
enfys View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote enfys Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 13 2008 at 3:15pm
Same thing happened to me with red coming out purple.  It may not work now you've dyed over it, but my colour is close to your pic colour, and a brightish pinky colour gave me a red after a few weeks.  Now that colour won't budge, and red is meant to be a famous fader....
http://www.myspace.com/waltzin_with_the_open_sea
Ah-ha, a place I can soon add hair pics...once I do some

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hellfrozeover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 14 2008 at 9:48am
Originally posted by enfys enfys wrote:

Same thing happened to me with red coming out purple.  It may not work now you've dyed over it, but my colour is close to your pic colour, and a brightish pinky colour gave me a red after a few weeks.  Now that colour won't budge, and red is meant to be a famous fader....

If your hair's like mine then red is hell to get out! It seems like once everything else fades, red is the only bit left.

That said, I plan on getting a dye remover(non peroxide) and using a red semi again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic