Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Growing Hair out - SMILINJENN71 Hair Journal

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
Author
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 8:51am
Looking great. Keep growing.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.
smilinjenn71 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 9:14am
PAPER, it's funny that you mention that because I've also wondered if Hendigo has made mine less wavy.  I'll not know on this journey though b/c I plan on coloring for a long time to come and when I stop I will most likely cut it all off again to grow out the Hendigo.

Well girlie, I might surpass you in length then!Tongue  Who would have thunk it?? LOL

Thanks MIKE!

Edited by smilinjenn71 - November 06 2009 at 9:14am
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 06 2009 at 5:17pm
hehe, I'm sure you will pass me, you go girl!!! Wink

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 3:57pm
OK, so here's a pic from the formal wedding we attended.  We had an absolute BLAST!!!  My hair turned out a little different than how I practiced - mainly because of about an inch in growth, I think - but I was still happy with the overall effect.

I did pin up girl make up too and one of the bride & grooms friends even complimented me on my pin up style...YAY ME!!  So I think it was a success and I know the wedding and reception were.  The only sad thing is that it went too fast.Unhappy

On a side note, the uploader worked this time...weird!  So hopefully it will still behave come Dec 1st for the length shot...LOL!!
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2009 at 10:37pm
You look just like a movie star!  I love your hair color and the style looks so cute on you.  I also want to say that your make-up is beautiful.  I love how you matched the lipstick to your flower.  
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 3:38am
Jenn, you look beautiful! Just perfect, like Kimbearly said, a movie star!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 5:38am
Awww, you girls are so sweet!  Thank you very much!~blush~
shortvslong View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shortvslong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 10:11am
Wow, I love it! You look beautiful hair and makeup

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 23 2009 at 6:20pm
Thank you shortyslong!!!Tongue
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2009 at 3:45pm
Wow very nice. Thanks for the update.
Few men are killed by the bayonet;many are scared by it.Bayonets should be fixed when the fire fight starts.General George Patton Jr.,War As I Knew It,1947.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 24 2009 at 7:25pm
hehe, Thanks Mike!

It's so funny to me how much shorter my hair looks when it's curled like that! (which is of course why curlies get soooo aggravated when growing their hair out)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 6:14pm

OK, I am going to get a trim this week and SO on the fence about taking an inch off or not. (??)  I've been thinking about it ever since my last trim and still can't decide what to do.... UGH!  An inch isn't the end of the world and it would certainly help even up my hemline.... but not sure if I'm ready to part with the length just yet.   

I will have to get approximately 3" off to get rid of all the razored layers from my pixie cut.  Long layers are definitely in the long term plans but I can't get to that for a long time still AND I need to get rid of these crazy razored layers first! 

My fear is that I will go for this trim (at the tune of $38), not get the 1" taken off and then have to return before Feb because I'm not happy.  I don't want to pay that twice... that's for sure!

I know it's my preference and decision but if any other short-to-long girls/guys would like to put their 2 cents in, I would appreciate your thoughts and guidance.  Thanks in advance!Tongue

Edited by smilinjenn71 - November 30 2009 at 6:43pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2009 at 6:30pm
I thought these length pics would help a bit on my dilema....

Dec 1st length

And my first pic with it wet...for length....

paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 7:55pm
Wow Jenn, I can't believe how long your hair is now. It really does grow fast. I think your hair looks pretty just the way it is. You have some wave going on and that helps with the layers. Good luck whatever you decide!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2009 at 8:10pm
Thank you for the compliments and your support...as always!cathug
I've pretty much decided to start trimming those layers off this week.  I'll get 1" this time and see when the mood strikes again for the other 2".  Admittedly, my hair doesn't usually look as nice as the above pic.  I had pin curled it and that was day 2 hair.  If I let it dry naturally and not curl it, it's kinda BLAH and the layers aren't very pretty. *sigh*

Thank you for your input PAPER!!
Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 02 2009 at 2:28pm
I also agree with Paper I would let it be. If you only have to go until Feb that is what three months. You might look at it then and say wow it looks great. Plus you don't pay for 78 plus tip?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 05 2009 at 1:56pm
OK, so I had approximately 1" taken off the back yesterday.  I haven't measured yet to see how accurate he was.  Anyway,  I'm happy with the overall apperance, as taking that little bit off makes it look more even.  I might even be happy enough with it to leave well enough alone and not cut the other 2" off until closer to my goal of BSL.  I *do* think my hair naturally grows to a U shape in the back though.  Good news too, I can still get my hair in a pony tail, so I didn't loose tooooo much...YAY!!

I haven't washed or styled my hair today, so this is from yesterday at the salon.  It's soooo funny because he used a round brush and dried it, trying to get it straight in the back.  That lasted about ohhhhh, an hour, before it started flipping out again.  And that my friends is why I don't even bother trying for straight hair!  It's too much work for nothing!

Mike46019 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike46019 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2009 at 1:34am
Looks great. I hope you can hold off on any more cuts. Maybe you might go longer then your goal?
paper View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote paper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 06 2009 at 5:50am

Jenn, your trim went well! He didn't take too much off and you have a straighter hemline. With the waves you have I think your layers will look real pretty longer.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote smilinjenn71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 02 2010 at 7:23am
Just a monthly update pic.  Jan 1st, 2010...Happy New Year!

**Oh and when I measured, it was only 1/2" off with that last trim....not 1".

Stoooopid uploader is acting up again on here! Grrrr
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112 16>
  Share Topic