Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Under consideration.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Under consideration.
    Posted: July 06 2010 at 8:33am
Hello!
I am new here!  :)

I am thinking of making a change with my hair.  Back in the winter, I went from a ho-hum shoulder length, non-descript hairstyle to a collar-bone length bob.  Then I went to a slightly graduated bob.  I am now thinking about a stacked, graduated bob.  I have fine hair that has quite a bit of wave to it.  I like to wear it wavy as well as straight.   I also tend to have much more "weight" in my hair towards the bottom -- so I have to be careful to not have a "pyramid" effect.

I don't want to go super short -- but would love some ideas.  Any thoughts/suggestions?  Thanks so much!

makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2010 at 9:09am
Hi OH2TX!  Welcome to this board.  You should know that there a LOT of fans here of the style you are thinking of going to.  And we will be here to support & encourage you!

Look at this site:
http://www.hairxstatic.com/styles/menu.php

A lot of pics of bobs you are describing as well as others!  Who know what you will see that you like.

Keep us informed & again, welcome!
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2010 at 3:03pm
Thanks for the link.  It is soo tough to decide on the right style.  Of course, it *is* only hair, right?!  LOL.
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 06 2010 at 6:40pm
If you have more weight at the bottom, just have the stylist make the stacked part at a more severe angle...in other words, the weight part would be higher up on the back and taper down to the bottom.
OH2TX View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OH2TX Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 10:39am
That is an excellent point re: the angling and the pyramid. 

I am perusing photos online/magazines/etc. to find a style that really speaks to me.  Once I find a few inspirational cuts -- I will make the appointment.
makeitshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote makeitshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July 07 2010 at 2:07pm
If you can, would you posts the pics of the few you choose?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic