Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Do Men Only Care About Women With Great Hair?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
dennis View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dennis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
, I don't know what is wrong with we men.......to be attracted to a particular physical attribute......be it hair, legs, breasts, etc.............why can't we be more interested in the person, like you women are.....you would never check out a nice looking guys butt as he walked by, WOULD YOU?> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.
Dave View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
Connie,You ask if men care ONLY about hair. I would have to guessthat very nearly 100% of men would say "no." Certainly thereis a human body, mind, heart and soul attached to the hair.Any one person will be viewed as a composite of all of theircharacteristics.Very long hair is certainly very alluring, I suspect, for mostmen. The woman you described has certainly succeeded in gainingtheir attention. Why begrudge this woman her good fortune?Go make your own.The issue is not so much whether or not you "should" want orconsider getting extensions. The question is, how do you wantyour own hair to be? If you want it long, extensions are a wayto "fake" it. The real thing requires a real commitment -- andtime, and patience...We must realize and accept the consequences that result from ourchoices, and hair length is largely (if not entirely) a matterof our own choice.We can't control how others will react to what we choose to do.For instance, I can't make somebody like me just because I likethem. Life doesn't work that way.Just because you want something (attention from men) doesn't meanyou're going to get it. You may get what you want... but it iscertainly not an entitlement.Food for thought. Hope this helps.Dave
David M Squires
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> You made a decision to be a shorthaired woman.> Unfortunately, the laws of this country permit your> decision, as much as I might disagree with it. In my> opinion, shorthaired women are ugly and I would prefer> that they did not exist.> However, just as you have the freedom to be> shorthaired, the men of this world have the freedom to> not associate with you because you are shorthaired.> Your choices are to leave your hair along and let it> grow (preferable) or to find a man who likes> shorthaired women (if such men exist).This could have been a lot more tactful -- and there are many men who prefer shorthaired women. Check out some of the sites devoted to it!
David Justin Lynch View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote David Justin Lynch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.You made a decision to be a shorthaired woman. Unfortunately, the laws of this country permit your decision, as much as I might disagree with it. In my opinion, shorthaired women are ugly and I would prefer that they did not exist.However, just as you have the freedom to be shorthaired, the men of this world have the freedom to not associate with you because you are shorthaired. Your choices are to leave your hair along and let it grow (preferable) or to find a man who likes shorthaired women (if such men exist).DAVID
H. Taylor View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote H. Taylor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?Only the superficial ones!Consider this: I love it when a guy has long hair, but is that the only attractive feature? Of course not. If my boyfriend were to shave his head, would he be less appealing to me? Nope. Would I have ever not dated one of my exes because they had short hair? No. I know girls who refuse to date men because they don't fit a "perfect" mold: blond or dark-haired, blue eyes or brown, built or thin, or whatever. It's somebody's "type." I can understand having preferences, but to ignore somebody because they have a style different from yours can be incredibly limiting. Does that make sense?! :)> I refuse to get extensions over this.So right! I refuse to let anybody else dictate their ideas of beauty to me. Take it or leave it, eh?!
Lisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.Dear Connie,It would be a generalization to say that all men only care about a woman's hair. Onviously, that guy you talked to has a preference for it, but that doesn't mean he represents all men. The woman had hair to her knees, which probably fascinated the men at the bar, since you don't usually see women with hair that long; her hair was exotic to them, that's all. I wouldn't worry too much about this; don't waste your energy being disgusted over it, because it was no reflection on you.Lisa :-)
Dan View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
> Hey all,> I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday> night and there was a woman with dark hair to her> knees there. A large number of men in the place were> fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one> guy about it and he said that long hair is the most> alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off> (with my chin length do).> Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?> I am disgusted if this is true.> I refuse to get extensions over this.There are plenty of men I know who prefer shorter hair because it, ahem, doesn't get in the way of things. Not all men have this long hair fixation. It's a fetish. Some would say an abnormality.It also depends on what you mean by care. I have relationships with women in my life that have short hair, but I'd rather have relationships of another kind with longer haired women. Its just a preference and I'm sure its not universalTry another bar.
Connie View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Connie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 11 2000 at 8:40pm
Hey all,I have to bitch about this. I was at a bar on Friday night and there was a woman with dark hair to her knees there. A large number of men in the place were fighting for a chance to get close to her. I asked one guy about it and he said that long hair is the most alluring thing about woman. It really pissed me off (with my chin length do).Is that true? Do men really only care about hair?I am disgusted if this is true.I refuse to get extensions over this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic