Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

does your stylist try to influence you?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 11:17am
I completely agree JF....I believe that if you are going to go to a QUALIFIED professional (this is probably going to get me in trouble)...not a 10 dollar cut....you should be getting some "vision" from them. They are exposed to trends, yes and they also have their personal preferences....it is up to you to decide whether they are imposing their own tastes on you, or if they are sincerely giving you good design ideas.

But I agree that a stylist is not providing you with full service if he/she doesn't spend some time evaluating, your face, lifestyle, hair and then give you suggestions.

jacqui
JerkyFlea View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JerkyFlea Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 26 2004 at 10:40am
At risk of getting my head bit off, I think the stylist should offer ideas and alternatives. I don't think they should push you into something you don't want to do, but I don't think he or she would be doing their job if they didn't offer suggestions. The end result should obviously be what you want to do, but if you are never given any alternatives, how would you know you didn't like them?

JF
3 pm is simultaneously too late and too early to start anything.
Twanda View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Twanda Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 24 2004 at 8:30am
Yes, my stylist will do exactly what I want. She hardly ever offers an opinion even if I ask, it's always "what do you want?".

Twanda
Kuroneko View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kuroneko Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 22 2004 at 3:04am
Yes, bad experiences with controlling people was the main reason I stopped visiting stylists. Some of them aren't too much of a problem if you tell them exactly what you need down to measurements, but if you even seem slightly uncertain, they'll try to influence you to what they want instead. Others just ignore everything you say and do what they want, anyway. Mostly the latter category is the type I had trouble with, though, as the others would often back down if I was firm with them.
More awesome than a manatee!
duke View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duke Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 21 2004 at 5:03am
Does your stylist always do exactly what you want ("the usual" etc) or does (s)he ever try to convince you to change your style? If the latter, do you cave in or do you have no problem telling them "no"?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic