Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Your Long Hair Journey!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
Grace912 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grace912 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 01 2004 at 8:23am
I'm so happy to hear that it turned out well this time! It sounds lovely.
Monica: Isn't there any way that you could look at this as flattering? I mean, she's doing this to be more like you.
Rachel: Well, then, couldn't she have just copied my haircut?
korsakovhatt3 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 07 2004 at 10:47pm
Some photos of my continuing long hair journey --

I really needed a change so I got about 6 inches of length cut off and had some layers added. Then, I went blonde.

My user name is WAY too long. Just call me Juliana. :-)
hairalways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairalways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 6:30am
Your hair looks awesome. Did you go blonde after you did the highlighting kt? Or are we looking at the results of the work you did yourself. Reagrdless, it looks really nice and healthy.

Enjoy!

Jacqui
Eowyn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eowyn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 6:51am
Wow, your hair looks great!! You have absolutely beautiful hair, it looks very nice blonde, and those soft layers are good I think with it. Very nice!!!
My avatar pic is Eowyn, the White Lady of Rohan. I *wish* I had hair like her's lol!!
Hair is: 1c (straight with body wave and one or two visible S-waves)/ MF(medium-fine)/ii (normal volume)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 08 2004 at 3:15pm
Thanks for your kind words. I used the highlighting kit to go blonde. I used L'Oreal Creme Lights and highlighted about 90% of my hair. I applied the bleach mixture with a denture brush for wide highlights and a toothbrush for finer ones. It's the first do-it-yourself colour job I haven't screwed up and my hair still feels really healthy.
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 09 2004 at 11:11am
Wow, it looks amazing!

DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 14 2004 at 4:16pm
Wow, very nice Juliana! Your hair looks very good with any of the shades you've shown here.
alista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 2:10pm
let's see if this works. If it does than here are the pic descriptions
1)grade 5 ; 2)grade 6 ; 3)grade 7 ; 4)letting my hair grow ;
5)halloween '98 ; 6)I got frustrated with my hair and chopped it off ; 7)letting it grow again ; 8)still growing ; 9)2002 at San Diego zoo ; 10)most recient pic of me

I once saw a bumper sticker that said:
"I slow down for brunettes, stop for
blonds, and back up for redheads!"

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 10:13pm
Beautiful hair, alista. Your natural waves are absolutely gorgeous. I'm a natural redhead too (sort of a chestnut/auburn). I had that hair colour for 34 years, but I just went blonde. I love being a blonde (because it's a nice change), but I loved being a redhead too. Your hair is a particularly beautiful, rich and uncommon colour.

P.S. I've noticed that lots of men love blondes and brunettes, but those men who love reheads, REALLY LOVE redheads.

P.P.S. An update to my long hair journey. I've become a bit obsessed with tweaking my hair colour. I went a bit blonder last week (added more highlights) and toned with a purple-based toner to try to get my colour more blonde and less strawberry. I'm still not sure what colour it actually IS, though, because it looks so different depending on the lighting conditions. It still feels healthy though; that's the most important thing.
AnaisSatin View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AnaisSatin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 21 2004 at 10:37pm
Korsakovhatt, if I haven't said so before.. you are eye-poppingly GORGEOUS!! :) :) :)

Great photos Alista! I totally envy your waves.. they look so LOTR.

Anais

ETA a verb

alista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 22 2004 at 2:04am
Korsakovhatt you have beautiful hair! I love the color! I used to want to dye my hair and get rid of the million different colors it seems to have but have since decided I like being a redhead. And I have found guys eaither love or hate redheads...there is no middle ground.

Thank you both for the kind words. My hair isn't as healty as it could be but I'm getting it there with plenty of help and ideas from everyone here.
I once saw a bumper sticker that said:
"I slow down for brunettes, stop for
blonds, and back up for redheads!"
DaveDecker View Drop Down
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DaveDecker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 28 2004 at 10:06pm
Great photos, Alista! Long hair becomes you, very much.
rory0907 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rory0907 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 29 2004 at 11:21am
hey...snuggles i love your pics!

i recently got my hair cut, and i dont like it shorter than what i had :( it was to the tip of my bra strap and is now right below my shoulders and LAYERED all around, which was stupid on my part. so now im desperatly trying to grow it back. how long do you think it will take to get it back to where it was?
Viktoria View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Viktoria Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 8:09am
Hi Alista, I really like the way you and your hair looks. You look very sporty and active, yet laid back and accessible. I think long hair suits you perfectly.

The more you complain, the longer God lets you live.
alista View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alista Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November 30 2004 at 8:29pm
Thankyou for your kind words. I love my hair and hope to grow it to hip length (is that classic?) It's my natural color cuz I've always been to chicken to color it!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 01 2004 at 2:29am
Alista, your natural colour is gorgeous! It's a good thing you're "too chicken" to colour it. I think that may be wisdom, not cowardice. :-)
CrazyGirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CrazyGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 03 2004 at 11:43am
Hello everyone. You guys have an amazing hair, hairstyles, colors - it's been a while since I last posted so here I am... again...

Click on the link to see a new pic.
Sunsailing View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sunsailing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 12 2004 at 10:47pm
I began growing mine back in November of 2000. Prior to that it had always been short. Here is a picture from July 2001...

Here is a picture from February 2004...

I don't have a current picture. When I get around to it, I'll post one.

By the way, everyone's pictures are very impressive. There is such a variety :-)

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote korsakovhatt3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 18 2004 at 7:06pm
Hi Sunsailing. Thanks so much for sharing your photos. Your hair is absolutely gorgeous -- so shiny, silky & healthy-looking. Is that your natural colour? (It's similar to my natural colour.) I look forward to seeing your current photo.
Snuggles View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snuggles Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December 23 2004 at 3:39pm
Thanks for posting, sunsailing! your hair is absolutely beautiful...

I wish I could get mine that shiny....but, alas...I can't seem to stop coloring it :D everytime I decide not to dye it anymore and color it back to my natural color, it fades, I get roots again and end up having to color it again anyway. ah the wicked word!

Stef
**Starving Actor** --Will Work For Peanuts!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic