Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedFinger combing question

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Holly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Holly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Finger combing question
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
I have very long hair-down to my hips, and Id o some lightening around the top and sides. That is all I do to my hair, I don't blow dry or use any hot appliances. What I have started doing recently is NOT combing out my hair after washing and conditioning it. I just like the way it sort of waves out just leaving it be. Do you think I am damaging it by doing this?Also, all the years i was growing out my hair, I didn't brush it, just "finger-combed" it, and I have continued doing this . In other words, I don't brush it at all forfear of breaking it. What is your opinion? Am I not doing myself any favors?By the way, I use nexxus products, any opinions onthe Therappe Shampoo and Humectress conditioner?Thanks,Holly
Steve C View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steve C Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
Hi HollyI don't know much about the finger combing aspect other than if it has worked for you all these years why change!!As for the Nexxus products - my wife had horribly dry damaged hair 13 years ago where it would break and crumble when I ran my hands thru it. Nexxus Therrapee & Humectress has saved her hair and she now has beautiful gourgeous blonde hair past her waist. I would say that you can safely say that Nexxus products do help but also she maintains a rigorous program of vitamins and minerals essential to long hair growth and life in general.Take careSteve C
Sherry View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 3:21am
Hi Holly!In my opinion, as long as your finger combed hair looks presentable, I don't see why there is any reason to to put a comb to it. The reason why you have hair down to your hips is probably because you have taken such good care not to put any undo stress on your hair (i.e. combing, highlighting). I have loose curly hair, which I NEVER brush through, just lightly pick at with a wide tooth pick and my fingers-- I think we are on the right track (I never get split ends and my hair is chemically processed). As for Nexxus, they have some good products. I like their Humectress and KerpHix conditioners a lot. As for the Therape,... it's an o.k. shampoo but it has a fixative in it (Sodium Styrene/Acrylates/Divinylbenzene Copolymer)--which is like having styling gel in your shampoo. I stay away from any shampoo with a fixative (like the one above or any form of Guar), since after a few washes, the fixative has a tendency to build up on your hair. I think you should try ARTec's Smoothing Shampoo and Conditioner-- ARTec has by far superior products compared to Nexxus. I have used both lines and would choose ARTec in a heart beat. Really, the only Nexxus product I use now (only occasionally) is Humectress,...it's a good leave-in for a hot and humid day.Sherry
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic