Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum LockedRosemary oil for hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Elisabella View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rosemary oil for hair
    Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:19am
> Elisabella,> If your roots are oily, don't use the oils on a daily> basis. It will just result in a greasy mess.> You could do a light hot oil treatment. Place just a> small amount on your scalp and use more on the rest of> your hair if needed. Leave the mix in overnight and> see if it is not too oily, even after you shampoo.> Bye for now,> Jade> P.S. Don't worry about cutting off your circulation to> your scalp by sleeping on your side. If anything, the> blood is rushing to that side of your head. Some> people even recommend bending your head in whatever> way so the blood rushes to your head, increasing> circulation and thereby overall growth.> I get oily roots the day after I shampoo, so IThank you so much for all of your help. I needed the advice.Related Link:Inositol
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:17am
Elisabella,If your roots are oily, don't use the oils on a daily basis. It will just result in a greasy mess.You could do a light hot oil treatment. Place just a small amount on your scalp and use more on the rest of your hair if needed. Leave the mix in overnight and see if it is not too oily, even after you shampoo.Bye for now,JadeP.S. Don't worry about cutting off your circulation to your scalp by sleeping on your side. If anything, the blood is rushing to that side of your head. Some people even recommend bending your head in whatever way so the blood rushes to your head, increasing circulation and thereby overall growth.I get oily roots the day after I shampoo, so I> wondered if the oils would make my hair too oily., and> should I keep it on overnight or just for 5 min. and> rinse?
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:17am
> Elisabella,> It's the beer/ale/stout that's generating the softness> and shine. It's packed with silica!> Rosemary oil is touted as being good for hair growth,> but the rosemary is much better when it's mixed with a> carrier oil like jojoba or even olive. If you're> looking for some growth, straight jojoba or wheat germ> oil is much better. Jojoba is full of protein and> wheat germ is packed with sulfur.> A friend of mine from Hong Kong informed me recently> that rosemary when mixed with jojoba with a dash of> lemon is great for getting rid of brassiness in dark> hair. I should have talked to her last year when the> sun had painted the bottom of my hair with that red.> Similarly, a mix of 2 parts vinegar and 1 part soy> sauce is supposed to generate highlights in brunettes.> I have yet to try this:)> Bye for now,> Jade> I found a Rosemary oil and beer tonic in a book theI get oily roots the day after I shampoo, so I wondered if the oils would make my hair too oily., and should I keep it on overnight or just for 5 min. and rinse?Related Link:SLS vs. SLES
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jade21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:17am
Hi, PD!Olive oil is extremely greasy for scalp massage no matter how much you use.But, with the jojoba, you should literally start with a drop in the palm of your hand, rub your hands together, then go for the scalp. The idea is to start small and work up:) The same is true with the wheat germ oil.In the scale of heaviness, from top to bottom here, it's olive, wheat germ, then jojoba.If you are looking for a light oil purely for scalp massage and some moisture, but not growth, you might try safflower or almond oil. These oils are much lighter than the others.Bye for now,Jade21> Hi Jade,> I found that jojoba and olive oil are extremely> difficult to rinse out of the scalp. I assume that> wheat germ oil is the same way. Do you know of any way> to use these oils on the scalp without having to walk> with greasy hair for the next couple of days? I don't> want to give up scalp conditioning completely! Thanks,> PD
PD View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:17am
Hi Jade,I found that jojoba and olive oil are extremely difficult to rinse out of the scalp. I assume that wheat germ oil is the same way. Do you know of any way to use these oils on the scalp without having to walk with greasy hair for the next couple of days? I don't want to give up scalp conditioning completely! Thanks,PD> Elisabella,> It's the beer/ale/stout that's generating the softness> and shine. It's packed with silica!> Rosemary oil is touted as being good for hair growth,> but the rosemary is much better when it's mixed with a> carrier oil like jojoba or even olive. If you're> looking for some growth, straight jojoba or wheat germ> oil is much better. Jojoba is full of protein and> wheat germ is packed with sulfur.> A friend of mine from Hong Kong informed me recently> that rosemary when mixed with jojoba with a dash of> lemon is great for getting rid of brassiness in dark> hair. I should have talked to her last year when the> sun had painted the bottom of my hair with that red.> Similarly, a mix of 2 parts vinegar and 1 part soy> sauce is supposed to generate highlights in brunettes.> I have yet to try this:)> Bye for now,> Jade> I found a Rosemary oil and beer tonic in a book the
Jade21 View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Elisabella,It's the beer/ale/stout that's generating the softness and shine. It's packed with silica!Rosemary oil is touted as being good for hair growth, but the rosemary is much better when it's mixed with a carrier oil like jojoba or even olive. If you're looking for some growth, straight jojoba or wheat germ oil is much better. Jojoba is full of protein and wheat germ is packed with sulfur.A friend of mine from Hong Kong informed me recently that rosemary when mixed with jojoba with a dash of lemon is great for getting rid of brassiness in dark hair. I should have talked to her last year when the sun had painted the bottom of my hair with that red. Similarly, a mix of 2 parts vinegar and 1 part soy sauce is supposed to generate highlights in brunettes. I have yet to try this:)Bye for now,JadeI found a Rosemary oil and beer tonic in a book the> other day. Get a bottle of Rosemary Essential oil. A> bottle of strong ale or stout. Put 2 drops of the> essential oil into the beer and let it sit for 24> hours. Pour over hair after last rinse after> shampooing and then rinse out. This leaves your hair> soft and shiny. Also I wanted to know if this same> tonic would work in just a bottle of water? I heard> that rosemary is good for hair growth.
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Elisabella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 12 2000 at 5:16am
I found a Rosemary oil and beer tonic in a book the other day. Get a bottle of Rosemary Essential oil. A bottle of strong ale or stout. Put 2 drops of the essential oil into the beer and let it sit for 24 hours. Pour over hair after last rinse after shampooing and then rinse out. This leaves your hair soft and shiny. Also I wanted to know if this same tonic would work in just a bottle of water? I heard that rosemary is good for hair growth.Related Link:SLS vs. SLES
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic