Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Has anyone heard of this method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Has anyone heard of this method
    Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:27pm
I read about "Undetectable Strand" method. Here's the site http://www.marcellaellis.com
Just wondered how it could be so safe and all the while last so long. Any feedback would be appreciated. I was considering taking her class or putting one together locally.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:43pm
Hmmm...it's hard to tell, but my guess is that the "undetectable strand" method she's describing is microillusions, or something similar. Microlinking is probably just microrings (extendtubes, whatever), and Keratin is fusion. Net and Integration are primarily used for hairloss clients, with varying degrees of success, and non-surgical hair replacement probably comprises toppers and/or lace-front wigs. As for the "Malaysian" method, I have no idea; I've never heard of it!

I don't know this stylist or her work, but given the language of the descriptions, those would be my best guesses.

:)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:44pm
hmmm sounds like some time of weave or integration or something??? I hate it when they dont actually give you a REAL description of the method! It makes me feel like they dont really want you to know!

Here is what they say under the techniques tab

*Undetectable Strands -This is the ultimate of strand-by-strand hair weaves that is undetectable to the naked eye and to the touch. No glue, no wax, no heat, no adhesives, no chemicals or other attachments is needed for this advanced technique that will last up to 12 months. This weaving system involves a revolutionary interlock system that is easy to apply and easy to remove. This hair secured to hair technique offers versatility like no other weave you’ve ever seen! Undetectable Strands can be applied to any hair type, can be relaxed or permed, can style hair in a smooth ponytail or up do, and will last up to one year.

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:48pm
So, are the micro illusions similar to shrinkies from docs? I'm familiaiar with the others methods. I believe the malaysian method uses a cap of some type but thats the extent of what I know.
Thanks Jenn

Yeah, their description is a bunch of jargon
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:51pm
check out lisha colemans site. Each of the methods are described a little better

www.lisha.com/index.html
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:53pm
Microillusions (if that is, in fact, the "undetectable" method she's using) are quite involved. They really aren't like shrinkies at all. There was a thread about them here awhile back: http://talk.hairboutique.com/forum/viewthread.asp?forum=AMB%5FAP934431446&id=2075

The Black Media Forum is probably the best place to research them.

As far as the members here, AfroPuffs seems to know the most about microillusions; in fact, I think she was planning to get them. I don't think she's posted in a while, but you may want to start a thread to her.

Good luck! :)
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 8:58pm
Oh, that is a good site, Sherrie. That woman's a one-stop shop for hair! :)
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:05pm
Sherrie thanks for the link. Informative... but ouch!!!Pricey.

Thanks Jenn (again) I'll check that site out and start a thread to afropuffs!
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:08pm
yes definitely pricey! But she is very friendly and prompt to returning emails. And willing to answer questions.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:20pm
Just read up on your links Jenn. This must be the same method...just a different name. I have actually spoken with Marcella she is very nice and she did explain that method took apx 30 hours!!!
She offers classes that teach various methods. Tuition is $400. She will also do on site for a minimum of 4 students. I'm still looking to get together people in my area.
I've got a new puppy!!!
She's a White Boxer
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January 24 2005 at 9:59pm
Damn---30 hours? It's amazing, really. :)
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 1:27pm
Just wanted to bump this up.  Has anyone found out what this method actually is?  I tried emailing someone who's website advertises this method to ask for more information, but their reply was just as vague as the description on the site.  Just wondering if anyone else has had more luck cracking the code!
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 1:36pm

Oh damn, I didn't even look at the date of the original post... haha..

I think Gina already took this class Bird, so maybe she'll chime in...

Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 3:35pm

Ah yes... I now know the secret of undectectable strands!!! Brace yourseves...It's a reall micro (and I mean micro) pinchbraid. Instead of using thread you tie off using the hair.

Now, I know I said a few nights ago I'd post pics...well I've been lazy! I'll get em up tonight.

My opinion of this method so far...I would not want to do an entire head this way! However I do think it would be nice to use around the hairlines and parts/crown. After doing those teeny braids, I feel the pinchbraids would be a blessing! I never thoght I'd get the hang of pinchbraids...but what dya know!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 3:40pm
Whoa!  I'm sure you'll have plenty of details witht he pics but... How many strand of hair per braid?  How could you possibly get the hair tightly enough tied to not slip out for a year (that's what they claim with this stuff right?)?

Ohh I can see the future.  I'll have pinch braids way in the back nowhere near the edge or parts.  Then rings,  then shrinkies, then 'invisible strands.'

I can't wait!
BirdOfEden View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BirdOfEden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 4:04pm
Ooooooh!  I can't wait to see the pics!!!!!!!!!!!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 6:24pm
Excellent, Gina! I want to check this out too! :)
zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 28 2005 at 11:34pm
Huh. So you tie a few strands of the hair together? How do you untie them when it's time to take them out?

-Rae
luzminerva4u View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote luzminerva4u Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April 30 2005 at 8:50pm
Wow, I'm interested too!  Does it really last for a year?
That's the difference between me and the rest of the world! Hapiness isn't good enough for me! I demand euphoria!
AfroPuffs View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AfroPuffs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 01 2005 at 6:58am

Here's the agape site that does this method.  I've talked to the owner before about this method but in the end decided not to go with it.

She has more pics on her site.

http://www.agapecollection.com/technique.htm

http://www.agapecollection.com/blk%20and%20chrome/strand.htm

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic