Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Plastik Haar and Tangles

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plastik Haar and Tangles
    Posted: February 09 2005 at 4:29pm
If I did not spell it right please forgive me.

I was just wondering how those of you who use Plastik haar are doing? Does the hair tangle fast when it is on your head? I hate it when extensions leave that knotted rats nest in the back after worn for a day. Do the waves on the bottom of the hair stick together?
MERGUTHRIE View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:33pm
uhm i just brush it about 3 times a day with a boars bristle brush morning noon and night. any extras are good. i use this shine spray morning and night. braid at night. it doesn't tangle too bad for me as long as i brush it. if i skip a brushing, then i am in trouble.

this shine spray is $6 at the grocery store
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:35pm
That's funny because I have the same thing with human hair. It definitely has to be brushed/detangled three times a day, or it gets out of control. :)
sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:39pm
oh geez....I just bought some of that the other day and used it on the top of my head (the part with no extensions) thought maybe it would put a little shine in my natural hair. I thought I only misted it on real light but it made my hair so greasy looking it was terrible. I had to pull the top of my hair into a barrette and head out the door to work!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:42pm
oh sherrie, you can only use that stuff for the ends of for synth type extensions, this is OILY type stuff. you wanted the alcoholy type hair spray-ey type stuff i think.

like this -

this dries after being sprayed on like hair spray.
i love plastikhaar
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 6:44pm
I like to spray it on the brush before I brush my hair. It seems to distribute the spray well and, of course, helps with the brushing. :)
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 7:29pm
CitreShine is nice on synth, too. And if you use it on your own hair, go lightly, especially at the top. If you use too much you get that greasy look.
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 7:37pm
Mer...when I bought this at walmart it is sold right in with all the natural hair products . Says its to help repair split ends, smoothes and seals the hair cuticle, control flyaways and add shine.That tells me its 'supposed' to be for real hair. Walmart only sells produts for natural hair. But now that Ive tried it I definietly know I wont use it again on my natural hair. But its good to know that it works for synthetic hair! LOL
juliejetson View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juliejetson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 7:39pm
Kimbearly,

All extensions do that, human/synth. If you can't brush it a few times a day at least run your fingers through it to keep from getting that matted mess in the nape. My natural hair is mid-back length and I get those big knots in the back too. Its just a long hair thing.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MERGUTHRIE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:15pm
sherrie, the other stuff i posted would be PERFECT for the top of your head, it is not greasy at all.
i love plastikhaar
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:17pm
Hey Mer...where can I find that product? I might try it out!
leia1979 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote leia1979 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 09 2005 at 9:36pm
Walgreens usually carries the "got 2 be" line. I think Longs does too, but I don't know if there are Longs where you are, Sherrie.
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 1:00am
This may sound lame, but seriously shine stuff is expensive. For synth hair, the best product Ive found that I can slather on with no guilt is baby oil gel. Works wonders and feels just like the citre shine stuff.
www.DoctoredLocks.com
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:23am
Hey....Whats Up DOC! Welcome to the board! Geez you dropped it at a bad time with all the DRAMA going on, its really not usually like this! Please stick around !
Kalika View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kalika Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:23am
baby oil gel! nice, way cheeper then they shine sprays :)
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 6:51am
Originally posted by Jenny_RR Jenny_RR wrote:

That's funny because I have the same thing with human hair. It definitely has to be brushed/detangled three times a day, or it gets out of control. :)

As a frame of reference, I need to brush my own hair at least every two hours to keep it from matting up. So three times a day is nothing when you've got long hair.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Kimbearly View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kimbearly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 9:29am
eKatherine,

Is all of that your own hair?
Doc View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 10:54am
Sherrie,

Honestly, reading through the posts I have been disappointed with all the cattiness that is going on here. I really do hope it clears up. Hair forums are a valuable thing.

Thanks for the welcome. :)
Doc
www.DoctoredLocks.com
eKatherine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote eKatherine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 11:10am
Originally posted by Kimbearly Kimbearly wrote:

eKatherine,

Is all of that your own hair?

Yep, all mine.

Just looking for a few good hair slaves - is that too much to ask?
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February 10 2005 at 11:26am
Damn, girl. That hair is impressive! :)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic