Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Crystal Gayle's hair

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
cutlonghairshort View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cutlonghairshort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Crystal Gayle's hair
    Posted: August 12 2004 at 10:28am
I think its time for Crystal Gayle to get a short hair cut.
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 12 2004 at 1:26pm
Originally posted by cutlonghairshort cutlonghairshort wrote:

She will never cut her hair shorter than bottom of butt length. She has stated so several times in interviews. There was a time, I read, when she wanted to cut her hair, but no longer. Anyways, she is what, well north of 50 these days....
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 12:21am

I think it's time for your to put down your crack pipe.
ace1308 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ace1308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 6:39am
Just for the record

She was born Jan 9 1951.

I have always thought she was great looking.

ACE
ACE
stylistwannabe View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stylistwannabe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 2:17pm

i think its time for u to grow your hair to the floor, d***@$$
Brent E from San Francisco View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brent E from San Francisco Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 13 2004 at 6:44pm
To be honest:
I never thought Crystal Gayle was that attractive. Not a great singer either.
If not for the notoriety of her unusually long hair, no one would have paid much attention to her.
She needed a gimmick. The long hair provided that for her.
Bob S View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bob S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:42am
Sadly, Kramer, it's too late for CLHS to put down his crack pipe. The damage is already irreparable! (lol) Seriously, CLHS, can't you let us long hair freaks keep even the beautiful Crystal in our column?
Twenty years ago she was about to auction her hair for charity, but realized its power in enhancing her career before the demoralizing deed had transpired. Bob
Lester View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 12:50pm
I had never heard that before. She really was going to auction her hair off for charity? Do you have any other information on that and what was the deciding factor on keeping her hair?
ssjockey View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ssjockey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 3:26pm
Originally posted by Lester Lester wrote:

I had never heard that before. She really was going to auction her hair off for charity? Do you have any other information on that and what was the deciding factor on keeping her hair?

I heard her on a talk show, she had it set up to go to Jose Eber in Beverly Hills, but decided against it, basically because it was too much of her trademark, and would alienate too many fans.

Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 27 2004 at 8:45pm

[/QUOTE]

I heard her on a talk show, she had it set up to go to Jose Eber in Beverly Hills, but decided against it, basically because it was too much of her trademark, and would alienate too many fans.

[/QUOTE]Including me. Back in the day, seeing a newspaper story on www.tlhs.org and a photo of Crystal Gayle was what motivated me to get Internet access on my computer.

On that site, there are links to three Crystal Gayle sites:
http://members.aol.com/IMartin278/Crystal-Gayle/index.html
http://www.crystalgayle.com/
http://www.patswayne.com/crystal/
spunkyjaide View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spunkyjaide Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 8:49am
I like Crystal Gayle and her hair always looks so good
loveshorthair View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote loveshorthair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 28 2004 at 2:28pm
Has anyone seen or heard Crystal Gale in years?
I think cutting her hair would jump start her career!
Imagine the interest in seeing her hair cut. Would bring in millions and millions....
Kramer View Drop Down
Unregistered
Unregistered
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kramer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 12:22am
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Imagine the interest in seeing her hair cut. Would bring in millions and millions....
Millions of what? Tears?
Gord View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gord Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August 29 2004 at 12:31am
Originally posted by loveshort&blonde loveshort&blonde wrote:

Crystal plays concerts around the country. She performed at President Bush's birthday party in June. This isn't a great photo of her or her hair, but she's out there in all her glory.

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/source/CFW/details_Pop.aspx?iid=50954603&cdi=0
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic