Banishing Bad Hair Days since 1997!™
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

My Plastikhaar Arrive ++Pics++

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: My Plastikhaar Arrive ++Pics++
    Posted: March 26 2005 at 5:36pm

Left to right: seidenblond, mandel, winterblond, carmel blond, fleider UV

Flash and no flash, respectively.

It took a little over a month by regular order but there it was on my porch this afternoon.

I'm definitely going to enlist the help of the S.O. in sectioning this out because of the curl. He walked in, saw the hair all out on the table and went "WHOA!" at the fleider UV. LOL!!!

I'm looking at the carmel blond with a wary eye. If it blends with those other blondes, I'd be surprised. That batch might just become an ebay item or if anyone here speaks up, I'll send it to you for price with free shipping.

The color ring is a definite must. I'm going to order them both and take it from there. I'm not sure I have enough lighter blond for blending.

Install will probably be postponed for a few more months until everything's here and I get the blends I need.

imzadi92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote imzadi92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 5:42pm
ooooooooo pretty colors. i got my kirschrot in 50mm today, and its the PERFECT cherry red. And the wave of the 50 is just what I wanted :) Is that the 28 mm you got?

~Jenn~
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 5:54pm
Ayup...28mm and the curl is like yowza! It may be too much curl for me so I'm going to leave it bound and think about some options here. I might sell it all, get the color rings and start over.

Anyway, if anyone's interested, send me a pm.
Gina E View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gina E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 6:28pm

Girl... You gotta have those rings!

I agree about caramel...it should be renamed Pumpkin!!!!

I'm playing around trying to mix colors together to get a "caramel" color. I'm close, but IMO everyone's idea of caramel is different!I think that shade will have to be custom for everyone!

Honestly...on the right person,fleider and caramel would be a very Hot combo!

Oh yeah...is that one of each? If so that's a lot of haar!

mochachip View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mochachip Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 26 2005 at 6:38pm
NIce hair.  I agree that the caramel seems like its probably too warm for the other blonds.

I'm pleased to finally get a look at 28mm in bulk.  There's definitely no way I could wear it but it might be the way to go for a friend of mine.  her hair is actually a little bit curlier but not too much and she wishes it weren't.

Have you considered dipping te hair in warm to haot water before even trying to separate it to take a bit of the curl?

If you can wait a couople of months before installing that in order to reorder what's on your head right now?

:)al

Syren123 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Syren123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:26am
Amm, you crack me up! You picked all those colors without a color ring?! LOL! Way to go. It's soooo fun to choose PH hair - almost impossible to pick ! "I love that, want that and that and that"....and you're right about the 28mm...curly like a mofo. I'm finding it a bit TOOOOO curly for my purposes. Next time, 50mm all the way.

I'm gearing up for a whole new order, so if you wanna see the color ring & make a new order, I'd be willing to go in on that and put in for superfast shipping. No need to wait a month. Mine came in 1 week.

I could send you my ring for reference.
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 12:47am
Syren,

Awesome! Yeah, I'll go in on a quickie order with ya. I was going to order the rings (one month wait) and then pick colors again (another month) so this will be excellent.

The seiden, winter and mandel blend perfectly so I got lucky. I owe it to Sara though since she sent me winter and mandel in samples so I already knew I wanted it.

I traded away the carmel & decided to keep the rest. There's going to be some challenges at the beginning with this amount of curl but so what. Ya never know until you try it!

Now I got to get some steam rollers.

I'll pm you. Woot!
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 6:23am
Excellent. We'll be seeing another AMM head in no time then!

AMM: One thing about the rollers--I would really recommend buying velvet-covered hot rollers and not the Caruso steam ones. The flocked kind work much better for synth, imo--the curl is more consistent and longer-lasting. Apparently, the Velcro kind work well with an actual fabric steamer, too, although I haven't tried that yet.

:)
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:08am
Errr...

I thought about it all night (sitting here at work with nothing better to do) and after a few back and forths with some PH users, my final decision is that I will not be going with this hair. I wavered all day but I'll be reordering in the 50mm later this week.

Anyone interested in any of it, email me or I'll be placing it on ebay. The carmel is already spoken for.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:09am

Amm - Isn't it AWESOME to see all that PH together, even if the colors aren't *exactly* right? (I too ordered my first batch without a color ring. . .) You are going to have sooo much fun!!

I need to order another batch of PH too -- the seidenblond and mandel look great -- is there any way you could send me a couple strands of them? Also I'd like to go in on the order with the fast shipping.

These were the colors I had gotten. The Birke is a true "8" -- how does it appear to compare to "Mandel"?

Birke, SatinBlond (is this the same as SeidenBlond?), Blond, PlatinPlond, and WinterBlond.

Edited by FinaFina
amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:26am
Oh yeah, the colors are amazing for sure. I can't wait to see the rings.

Your color choices were superb, Fina. What's up with the curl differences in our 28mm? Yours looks like a fabulous wave while mine is like Shirley Temple curls.

pm me with your address and I'll send you the mandel tomorrow morning. I have that from a sample swatch Sara sent me. The others I'm leaving banded for sale.

Do you have a ring you can get ahold of before we order?

Seiden and Satin look pretty close. I almost can't tell any difference.

sherrie215 View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sherrie215 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 7:34am
I gotta get some of the blond and that winterblond to blend with my vanille and platin.....I love all the colors that PH has. I have yet to get the ring. I got to get that!!
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 27 2005 at 10:10am

I don't have a color ring. Sherrie, I have some Winterblond -- it's a little too red (a true #27) for me. 

AMM - the reason the haar looks wavier is that I unbanded one end and brushed it out. In its original double-banded form mine looked exactly like yours.  I'm thinking that I'm going to try the 50mm this time also.

Syren volunteered her color ring -- I think she's in So.Cal. and aren't you also??  How quickly are you wanting to get the new haar?? (As if I don't know that "right now" isn't quite fast enough!!) 

zapevaj View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zapevaj Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 2:43am
Amm, you know you can make it drop its wave, right? Just keep it banded up and drop it in a pot of hot water, and hang it to dry. It should drop to at least a 50mm wave shape.
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 6:45am

AMM: you said

"I thought about it all night (sitting here at work with nothing better to do) and after a few back and forths with some PH users, my final decision is that I will not be going with this hair. "

I would love to know some of your thoughts and how you came to this decision (I am struggling with the same thing and am thinking I"m going to go with the 50mm as well). 

Fina 

amm View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote amm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 7:05am
Fina,

My main reason is that a few people have said the 28mm does not start out as soft as the 50mm. I know this isn't human hair but I think the same thing applies that less is more as far as processing goes? Do you think that's true?

I know I could dunk it in the hot water and loosen it but I have the time and think I just want to start out on the right foot with the wave that's wearable right out of the box.

FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 9:34am
Amm,

Yes I think it's true. It needs to be as close to the way you want it, when you get it, right out of the box. Less is more FOR SURE. Part of the reason for that is that you will also want to style/cut it when you get it in, and you can't really do that well if the hair itself is going to change. i.e. I did some cutting based on the original really tight curl, and as it loosened, well, you know, the cut looked worse and worse.

So I agree and I'm going to get the 50mm as well.

OK and my latest thoughts. I just ordered some HotStuff fusion 27/613. I'm going to see how it matches up color-wise with my WinterBlond, Blond, and PlatinBlond mix. The human hair in the front is a little too *different* to work with than the synth, AND I'd like to know that I can do synth all the way. So if I can put the 27/613 in the front that would be my ideal.

BTW I've put in some of the 613 Ebonyonline and it curls beautifully with hot rollers (nice soft wave). I really like the color.

Fina

Edited by FinaFina
Jenny_RR View Drop Down
Super Elite Member
Super Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jenny_RR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 9:39am
I'm so psyched you two are getting the 50mm--it's my dream texture. And for the record: I will bow at the feet of whoever figures out how to replicate that initial wave exactly (I've made some inroads, but nothing that looks quite that good).

:)
FinaFina View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FinaFina Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 9:48am
You know, Jenny, I was thinking about that picture of Kalika's hair that you always want to replicate, and I think the trick is just layering. Plain and simple. Remember how she said that she had the layers "built in" when she made her tips?

I have tons of layers in my hair, and really, where you get the look of the wave, is with the layering. I think it's a simple matter of physics - the shorter the hair the less it gets weighed down.

Also - for the record - the more I roll my hair (and I do get good results, still), the more it goes straight the next time I wash it. . .as we know. . .
LESS IS MORE!!

-Fina
Bridget View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bridget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March 28 2005 at 8:38pm

I plan to definitly prelayer next time too! 

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic